SD 2014 Pheasant survey is out.

warren nelson

Reaction score
Good news the counts are a lot higher then 2013.
Locals are seeing more and more pheasants with hay cutting on going, Brother saw hens still on nest with eggs this last week. Good sign.

warren nelson

Reaction score
They have started combining corn, They are seeing some good numbers of Birds, seeing some really young birds all so, A lot of corn still to wet to pick. Looks like a lot of standing corn for the early part of season. Hope the wind picks up and dry a lot more corn before we get there in Nov.

warren nelson

Reaction score
Had a great trip the bird numbers was great, we had some COLD days. The dogs did great. Had some really good days with awesome bird numbers flushes in the big slough's. With snow on the ground and minus degree temps made some days harder then others. LOL
I'm sure everyone that made the trip was happy to be there and see what kind of hunt we did have.
Until next time.

cjack

Reaction score
Sounds like a great trip, I keep saying to myself I'm going to go to South Dakota and then get too busy......need to make the plans ad make it happen. Not sure about the minus temps though, thanks for the update!

84toyota

Reaction score
Any news on how the deer hunting went? We'll probably be going to the Black Hills again next fall... Been a few years!

Ken

Top Bottom