SD county Turkey ends May 18th for Bow

SDhunter2

Reaction score
I have not went out yet due to teenager problems. I can feel myself getting sick next week, maybe Wednesday. Stress is setting in. use um or loose those sick days.
I'll check my areas and also put up my camera. Has anyone hunted the border between Cuyamaca state park and national forest yet. I saw mucho Toms last year.

Sumpnneedskillin

Reaction score
I've only been out once this season so far due to work. I'm on leave for the next week so I'm probably headed out tomorrow.

Raully

Reaction score
I checked out that area last year but didnt see any birds or much sign. Did you get in the pine valley side?

I've been out a few times and got close, but they gave me the slip.

Wild1

Reaction score
SdHunter, I've been out there five or six times (including opening day). I've seen quite a few hens and about six toms, including one very large one. I haven't been in the right place at the right time yet, and on some I haven't been able to close the distance make a shot. Also, a few times on Mt. Laguna the forest service has been burning the undergrowth in large tracts of land, which pretty much ruined my hunting strategy based on earlier scouting - oh well. Good luck.

Top Bottom