SD yotes

NESTO

Reaction score
Does any of you SD boys hunt yotes with a bow in the off season, and also I was wondering if anyone hunts the wilderness areas south of the 8 freeway(for anything)?

Raully

Reaction score
Yup sure do. Just haven't had the time to get out lately. Lots of predators down here. But I think they have pups right now.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
You are talking about the Hauser WA. That would be a good area for yotes but it's brushy as all heck. It might be hard to find any set up spots where you can see them coming in. Although a fire took out a good chunk last year so that might open up some good area in a year or two.

NESTO

Reaction score
pine valley and hauser. I spotted plenty of deer tracks and tons of yotes scat in that area the past couple weekends but no shot opportunity. you right SDHNTR its some tough country to hunt.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
The thicker the better for bowhunting coyotes. Very difficult to kill a coyote in open country like gun hunters do. I like thick areas with travel lanes. That way you have a chance to see them coming,draw your bow when they go behind a bush, you can coax them into close range... The best coyote bowhunting (IMO) is in semi rural areas around homes. No gun hunters and pleanty of coyotes. San Diego has a ton of areas like this. If you've all ready found coyote sign, start calling. My opinion on hunting right now, when there are pups on the ground??? You'll never effect your local population with a bow. If you get lucky... you may get a shot let alone kill a few with your bow. Go for it. Ed F

Top Bottom