Seabass Bite

Fubar

Reaction score
Looks like the White Sea Bass are going off at the Islands. At Pierpoint Landing the Big Game 90 had 24 anglers get 24 Seabass and 1 yellowtail. The Tracer got 11 Seabass for 11 anglers. The Tonage got 7 for 7. At Long Beach Sportfishing the Legacy got 10 seabass for 11 people and the Phantom got 7 for 7. There were also lots of Calicos and other misc fish.               Fubar

(Edited by Fubar at 7:14 pm on April 18, 2001)

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Yep good fishing right now, hopefully the bite will stay good through the traffic and weather this weekend.  Fubar it just so happens that I work on the "Tonnage".

Fubar

Reaction score
Hello Kid     Lucky you! Many moons ago I used to work on sport fishing boats also. That is a great job. It is really fun to be on the ocean. Maybe if you have time you can give us some first hand reports.  Thanks         Fubar

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
I'll update bites as often as possible, the seabass bites are usually quick and not long in duration.  From time to time we get into a good bite and I'll pass on what info I can.

Fubar

Reaction score
Thank You Kid   What Island are you getting your Seabass at? I heard they are getting some at all the Islands right now. Is the bite in the dark or early morning hours? Are you getting plenty of squid or do you have to snag it Thanks for the info.   Fubar

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Many people believe that seabass are usually caught in the grey, I personally have seen the majority of fish caught mid day and mid night.  Its much different small boat fishing and sportboat, the little boats can get bit on smaller spots that sportboats can't get too.   The squid has been tough to make at times, the weather at Catalina has been unstable.  Most folks fish the live squid but I catch more on dead, remember seabass are scavenger that eat dead rotting squid off the ocean floor after the squid has died from spawning.  A handful of times I've caught seabass while catching squid as they come off the beach at night to chase the squid, the last time this happened a buddy and I had limits of fish that ran 30 to 45 lbs.  To catch big seabass I fish with 40lb line a Tady 45 white and one dead squid and hold on baby!

(Edited by KID CREOLE at 2:11 pm on April 24, 2001)

(Edited by KID CREOLE at 11:41 am on April 26, 2001)

Top Bottom