sealing off the flash

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Take a Rubber O-Ring with a 1" to 1 1/8" inside diameter,and 1/8"thick,this will fit perfectly around the lens of your camera,when you shut the lid on your enclosure it presses between the glass and camera making a tight seal,no need to glue it in,and no more ugly stick on foam that will need replaced.Just make sure you are using 2 pcs of glass for flash and lens holes.

RSB

Reaction score
What a great idea, no more sticky glue on the glass. Thanks Passthru

gantley

Reaction score
I am going to try a pad of loop all the way around the lens.  The put the hook on the inside of the box.  This way the loop and hook (velco) will hold my camera in place in the box.....  

Lew

Reaction score
Passthru, Where do you get your "O" rings ??  This sounds like a great idea and to be honest this  has been my biggest difficulty and in getting good night pictures.  Lew

Rooter

Reaction score
I use the rigid foam pipe insulation that is slit and fits around pipes.  It makes a tight seal.  I use a piece for the lense and another piece for the flash.  The one for the flash I line with aluminum foil to contain the flash and reflect it out.  I have a canon BF model not PF and the night pics are pretty nice.  Definitely no flash bleed.  That cam has a standard flash.

Rooter

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I got mine at work,im thinking they should have them at a auto parts store,if you cant find any let me know and ill buy some at work and send them.

Top Bottom