Search Methods

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
A little off the Gamecam topic but the best place to ask.

Do any of you guys know the proper syntax for the search engine on this forum to search for a "word" plus another "Word".  I get the results that contain either word which can sometimes yield hunderds of posts.  I'd like to be able to narrow the field a little.  How do I get the "AND", "AND OR", "AND NOT" strings to Work or will they.  It would sure save some time now and then, especially when trying to point someone in the right direction.  This may be common internet knowlege I'm just not that good at this stuff.  

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi AEH,
I'm afraid the search feature for the forum isn't all that powerful.  "AND"s, "NOT"s, etc and the various symbols don't seem to work on it.  Looks like it's limited to "OR" for now....  unless maybe I've missed something??

Archilochus

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I don't think the and or symbols works like Arch said. The search engine is very weak here and I've looked at ways to zing it up a bit. No luck so far.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
It never hurts to reread a few old posts.  Just wondering if there was a better way I had been missing.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
It does treat words "without" commas as one word tho, which helps  e.g.  sort of

will find all occasions of "sort of"

Tinhorn

Top Bottom