Searching for deer zones

wshive

Reaction score
I'm gathering because it's so short (i.e. searching "d14") that the search ignores any queries for deer zones. I understand the extra processing power involved is exponentially greater for three character words, but it makes it impossible to search for posts on a specific zone.

Perhaps if you're allowed to search shorter words when you narrow down to a topic? I tried selecting "mule deer hunting" then searching "d14" but I get the same error. Another idea would be if you're allowed to search shorter words if you include another word, such as "d14 AND scout"

Or maybe there's a way to search what I'm looking for that I'm missing? I'm not complaining, just voicing my two cents.

hntnnut

Reaction score
I found its easier to search for certian place names within the zone, then do a search of the place names within the replies of your first search.

Richard

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I hear ya wshive, 2 letters doesn't work. Let me install a Google Search box for the forum here and see how that works.

wshive

Reaction score
hntnnut, that makes sense but it's hard to know what to search for if you're totally green to an area. I have no idea what to type in except for random landmarks I see on a map.

Jesse, if that works out, I'm sure it'd be helpful for a lot of first timers like myself :)

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
Here, wshives; try this one:

You can direct Google to search at a specific site by preceding your search criteria by "site:www.waterver-site-you-want.com" then list your specs like d14. You can see the criteria I used in the results below:

Google search

wshive

Reaction score
Wow, that works really well. Thanks for the tip :smiley_yahoo:

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I installed a Google search box at the bottom of every forum page. Try that too and see how you like it. It searches the forum and the whole website.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom