Season Dates

Indianghost

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity when do the seasons start in your states. In texas they will be announced August 15th

BirdDawg

Banned
Reaction score
you probably won't get many replies on this one.........way too many zones here..........so I take it your from Texas....was there last December...loved it.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
CA earliest archery season is already over. Earliest rifle season opens on Saturday. With all the zones, though, like Birddawg said, the openers are scattered through the fall.

Looking forward to hitting the North Carolina archery opener on September 9 this year.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
For Deer in Georgia, archery opens September 9 and firearms opens October 21. There's a week of muzzleloader season immediatly prior to firearms.

Indianghost

Reaction score
I forget some of you guys in other States have so many different seasons Here in Texas it's all October Deer Archery then November to first week in January Deer Gun In some counties we have an extended two weeks season until January 20th or so, for spicke bucks and doe only, Not many hunter take advantage of the extended season, Birds, Turkey Gobblers and Hens runs cuncurently with deer seasons except we have a spring Turkey Gobblers only season that runs for about 45 days. Dove seasons start in September and Migratorys duck and geese varies.
Hey Georgia What is your Deer bag limit I hear it is about ten per season Wow. In Texas there are one buck counties, two buck counties and The most is five deer counties but nowhere more than two bucks per year. I was able to harvest three last year two buck and a doe and the freezer is just about to run out of deer sausage, so I am anxiosly awating for November to come. I will be out in the filed on Labor Day
week-end shooting some doves but thats just to get into trigger shape.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
Sounds like your seasons are very much like ours. Deer season runs until Jan 1 in northern half of the state, and Jan 15 in the southern half. We have a 12 deer limit. 2 "antlered" and 10 "antlerless". One of your antlered deer must be minimum "4 points on one side". I think there are 6 counties total in GA (out of 159) that already practice some sort of QDM where both bucks must meet a particular standard. I'd like to see a statewide QDM policy like the 4 point rule.

Drayton

Reaction score
I will be bowhunting two weeks from this comming Saturday!!!!

Our seasons in Florida are broken up into 3 zones. It's crazy because public land (WMA's) have their own season dates, rules and regs.

Florida hunting dates

Orygun

Reaction score
Last week in August for bow deer and elk through the end of March for some cow hunts. With everything else squuezed in the middle

Indianghost

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Orygun @ Aug 7 2006, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Last week in August for bow deer and elk through the end of March for some cow hunts. With everything else squuezed in the middle[/b]

In Which State?

Orygun

Reaction score
[/quote]
In Which State?
[/quote]

Oregun.

Indianghost

Reaction score
I am soooo dumb, should of figured that out with your handle OREGUN!
Thanks

Indianghost

Reaction score
While on a hunting trip in Colorado I went to a Steak House Resturant , in Durango called the ORE HOUSE.
I called my Wfe in Texas to tell her all was well and she asked where I was and I told her I was having dinner at the ore House! Yeap she miss-understood!

Top Bottom