Seasoning for general cooking

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
If you use a product like Montreal Seasoning are you cheating?
If you use a can of mushroom soup as a base for a sauce is that cheating?

I do both frequently when I don't feel like investing a bunch of time and since there are only two of us at the dinner table all that really matters is that we like what we cook. The reason I was thinking about this today was a I took a piece of red meat out of the freezer this morning with no real plan. I figured I would make that decision at around dinner time. I just sautéed the meat after cutting it into small pieces and once it was browned I added a can of Mushroom soup. It will simmer for 30 minutes plus or minus and we will serve it over rice or noodles (haven't made that decision yet). I have done this in the past and it has worked well. I just didn't feel like grilling anything today.
People ask what do I do with the venison? My answer is I cook and eat it.

DJE

Reaction score
I would say there's no such thing as cheating if you're cooking in your own home. I use premade ingredients, I also make similar things myself. It all depends on what I am cooking and if their is a reason I am cooking (special occasion, holiday, etc.)

OR186

Reaction score
Having a freezer full of meat and trying different things is a lot of fun and good eating. Some nights easy is the way to go.

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
By the way my wife decided she wanted noodles so she could add sour cream and make it into a stroganoff type dish. It was very good. We probably ate more than we should have.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
For over 20 yrs now I have been making and using my own custom blend mix of seasonings that u can use on everything u cook. I was thinking of branding it and selling it, everyone I have given it to over the years to try are amazed how FREEKING good it enhances your foods natural flavors and tastes so good. If u want John send me your address to my PM and I will send u a bottle of TRA,s Zeeezzoning blend to try.......tra

20200604_152029.jpg

20200604_151816.jpg

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Now a couple of years ago a relative sent a box of different seasoning blends like I have never seen or heard of before I thought it was a joke gift but they are legit seasonings. They definitely are high end blends and a couple of them are outstanding.
Its manufactured in Texas. II use my blend all the time but once in awhile I hit my food up with these seasonings for a blast enhancement.
And for anyone looking for something different and pretty check these seasonings out....tra

20200604_152243.jpg

20200604_152308.jpg

20200604_152320.jpg

Top Bottom