seasons and bag limits

killinturks

Reaction score
hi everyone, i was wondering what the seasons and limits are where you live. here in wisconsin we have six seasons lasting five days each, with the state divided into different zones.apply for your peferred zone and season and list alternates in case its full or you want to be considered for a second tag if they are available. this year i got first season at my dads farm and got a second tag for the zone i live in for sixth season. i filled my first tag opening day and am waiting for last seaon to try to double out. last year i didnt fill them both but i did pass up two jakes in last season which would have doubled me up.i dont understand how they do the draw because i know some people who did not get a tag at all, but maybe they did not ask for alternates.

MBullism

Reaction score
Here in Mass we get 2 birds per year, max 1 per day, seasons dictated by county.  In the spring there are 7 counties open April 29 to May 25, and 4 counties open April 29 to May 11.  There is also a fall season open in 6 counties, Oct 28 to Nov 2.  Two bearded birds in the spring or one beard in the spring and one of either in the fall.

I've never tried the fall end even when I only took one in the spring, by September my brain has already focused on the opening of archery deer season! (which starts in mid oct)

M

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
Here in Missouri there are 2 gun seasons,Spring season runs 3 weeks and your allowed 2 bearded birds,in the fall you get 2 birds of either sex,2 weeks to score,then you are also allowed to take 2 birds during the archery season of either sex(Archery season you get 4 tags 2 deer,2 turkey)Also the fall season firearms overlaps the archery season.
 I have not included the youth hunt,it is resident only.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Here in Pennsylvania, we are allowed to kill one bearded bird in the spring, and one of either sex in the fall. Our spring season is typically April 27th-May 28th (Saturday of Memorial day weekend). Our fall season varies, depending on what "zone" you are hunting in, but typically last's two to three weeks depending on the zone. Some of our zones were closed to fall hunting, but at this time, I think all zones have some type of hunting available, some only have three days. Our Game Commission was trying to pass a two bird spring season, and even went so far as to have the extra tag printed on the license, but was ultimately shot down!

killinturks

Reaction score
we also have a fall season here in wisconsin, which lasts about a month, and you can take 1 bird of either sex.

wvhunter

Reaction score
West Virginia, has a 2 bird spring limit (one per day) with a 4 week spring season.  We can also take a bird of either sex in the fall and season lenght depends on county.  The spring season is statewide.

I did mangage to call in and take a young bird the first day and haven't done any good since.

Welby

Reaction score
In Mississippi, spring season opens during the middle of March and runs through May 1st.  There is a three bird limit, mature gobblers only.  Jakes, hens and bearded hens are strictly off limits.  No excuses.

The only part of the state that has a fall season, to my understanding, is a very narrow strip of land that runs along the inside of the Mississippi River levee.  Other than that, there is no (legal) fall hunting.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Well our season ended here in TN. yesterday. :cry-blue:   It opened on April 1st and ran through May 7th. We are allowed three birds per season but only one per day.We are also allowed one bird on WMA's for a total of no more than 4 per season. It was a good season for me I was able to harvest 2 birds and had great hunts every time I went into the woods. We also have a fall season but that is only in a few counties.LOL

Top Bottom