Second shoot ideas

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Just a thought for our next shoot....

We can have it in mid or late july at the same place. this time with a twist though.

I'll pick up a dozen G&H Widgon Deks . Those run about 75 to 80 bucks. How ever mays shooters we get we'll divide that into the cost of the deks and that will be your entry fee.

We'll gather around and draw 6 or 7 station numbers from a hat and break off into groups to go shoot. That should have us finishing up around lunch time. We can eat there or bring your own or BBQ at their picnic area. either way we'll break and tally the scores. From ther we'll take the top 4 to 6 shooters and either draw three stations or head for the trap/skeet range.

After each round the low man drops out with shame until we get a Chumpion. Chumpion gets the dozen dek's and serious seroius bragging rights around here.

Any thoughts ???????

If interested sign up with me via E-mail or put your name in on this post. If we get a lot of guys/gals we can have a second place prize. Maybe 8 deks for second and 4 for third.

Jay

Reaction score
Sounds like you've finally landed on a scam to get them G&Hs you've been sputtering about for the last year.

You may need some sort of handicap scheme, I didn't watch him the whole time but your buddy Jas might be pretty hard to beat. You might be better off with some kind of variation on golf's best ball game where you group people into somewhat evenly matched foursomes. The best score in the group is the group's score and the best group splits the prize. That way you can team your buddy Jason up with an anchor to balance it out. You're going to need to get everybody's best score on a 100 round sporting clay shoot to be able to group people fairly.

Count me in. My best score is 64 out of 100.

Are we going to do all double shots? From the low gun position (below the armpit)?

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Is it the red hair ???? Scam who me ?

Naw just a way to have a little fun. As for Jason , well he went down hill in a hurry after the first station. At one point we were all within 4 or 5 of each other after about 80 shots.

As for me and my G&H's They are in a a bag up at the ranchero. Bought them last month.

Jay

Reaction score
I still like the "best ball" idea though. That gives beginners and greenhorns a legitimate shot at the glory.

On the other hand, a straight-up, king of the hill, I am the man, head to head, last man standing competition does appeal to a certian side of me. I can hear the grunting now.

I'll be on vacation in "big sky" country the last weekend in July and the first weekend in August.    

(Edited by Jay at 8:28 am on June 6, 2001)

(Edited by Jay at 8:29 am on June 6, 2001)

BigDog

Reaction score
If I am in town, count me in. I agree with Jay though that we need to mix it up somehow to equal out the expertise. And the clicks.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
This sounds kinda fun, but I'm also on the bandwagon for a handicap system or "best ball" arrangement, since all shooters aren't necessarily on the same level.  That would keep it inclusive...so folks like my girlfriend would be able to compete (she's not bad, but she lacks "refinement"..heheheh).  Of course, she'd be hard to handicap since last weekend was the first time she ever shot sporting clays... and only her second time shooting any kind of clays.  

I believe I have about a dozen 15 year-old, Flambeau standard water-keel mallards that would make a great prize for the shooter who uses the least shells on 100 targets.. . .you know, "point and release" shooting.  Problem is, I think I already know who the winner of that category would be.  CLICK

BigDog

Reaction score
Thats ok, go ahead and have fun. No problem. Just remember..... pay back is a mother............hahahaha

E A Hunt

Reaction score
How's about the second Sunday in july ?

As for a prize we can figure something out. If we can get 15 to 20 shooters I could just donate the dozen deks and the winner gets 8 second place gets 4.

As for a handicap or best group system I think it should be top dog takes all. I'll donate the deks and there will be no entry fee so I don't end up on Judge judy with someone who feels they were robbed. if anybody partaking in the shoot wants to toss me a nickle or a dime to offset the cost they can .

I think i have an old trophy or two in the attic i'll rig one up so the winner gets a trophy also. the trophy would have to be defended at the following shoot. sorta like lord Stanelys Cup is in hockey.

I can bring myself and 4 others that = 5  (wow i'm smart)

So now that the date is set who be in and who's chicken ???

BarbieGunGuy  (BBG)

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Hey BBG!

Sounds like fun, although I'll have to check the calendar.  I have a lot going on in July, so I'm not sure if I can make it.

However, if I do, I'm all for some kind of an unofficial entry fee to offset the cost of those dekes.  That's only fair, in my opinion.  Unless, of course, you are so certain you're going to win them back anyway.  

I'd probably be up for it with or without the handicap system.

Jay

Reaction score
Coyote Valley Sporting clays.

In Morgan Hill south of San Jose off of 101.

Jay

Reaction score
Yo guys!

I'm booked July 7th & 8th.

How about moving it back to either 7/14 or 7/15?

BigDog

Reaction score
Ok, July 8th it is. If I am not playing midwife for Genny, I will be there.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom