Security for “PhotoHunter"

undcoverbob

Reaction score
I am new to your website, and I don’t know if my input is welcomed. However
I recently bought a TRAILTIMER “PhotoHunter” camera, and I wanted to add some security to its setup. The green bungee cord was just to inviting to people who might possibly stumble across my camera. I’d like to share the features I added and show some pictures to all you Trail Camera owners. I know these features aren’t theft proof, but it does help keep the honest man stay HONEST (we all have that DEVEL on our one shoulder) At least the person finding my camera. . . . #1) Would need extra tools to take my camera  #2) Maybe rethink taking someone else’s property . . . #3) Maybe rethink if it was worth all the leg work #3) Maybe they wouldn’t be able to stumble across my camera on the return trip.  If any of you would like to see the way I made my camera more secure check out this web page of mine. http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p...5&members=1

gizz

Reaction score
undcoverbob - WELCOME to the best darn discussion page you'll find. A lot of people have the commercial units - a lot don't. No matter here. Take a look at the homebrew plans on Jesses page and you'll probably want to build one on your own.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
undcoverbob

u r most def welcome, we, on this site, are hungry for any info on Movement Cameras....

I like your cable idea,  even a hack saw has trouble cutting wire rope...

Thanx

Tinhorn

Welby

Reaction score
Let me join the others in welcoming you also!!

From the looks of your picture, it appears that we have purchased exactly the same security cable and lock for our units, though my camera is a homebrew.  Because my unit is housed in a steel box (about the size of yours), I was able to weld my security loops to the structure itself.

With the almost indestructible cable and the welded components, at the hands of a thief, my camera's not going anywhere fast or in one piece.

Good Job!!

Top Bottom