• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Self guided tahr hunt

JPHunting

Just back from a couple of weeks hunting tahr in NZ. Great fun and great animals though some very trying conditions. Only managed 3 days hunting from what was meant to be a 7 day hunt because of the weather. Still managed 5 bulls between the 3 of us including my brothers 13 1/2"monster! Very happy hunters!

I prefer meat in its original packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asaxon

Yup, hunting those Tahr in the S. Island is definitely a young person's "game". Their goat ancestry is very evident in their climbing ability - I mean the Tahr, not the Australians..... Nice hunting/shooting -

JPHunting

They can be for anyone just have to double check each foothold when you get a bit older I think!
Definitely not us Aussies, going flat out I was struggling to keep up with my kiwi mate. They're half tahr themselves I'm sure of it!

I prefer meat in its original packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom