davered1

Reaction score
I have placed a link on my auctions on EBAY. It is not a huge waving flag but that link is all I am willing to do. When I found this site there were way less than 500 people on it. I found it through dedication and being obsessed for a way to build a game camera.It wasn't All that hard to find then, It's Way easier NOW.

I am not these peoples MOTHER, Nor am I their babysitter. No one helped ME find this page. Jesse's site is so easy to find now(do a search it is always  on the 1st or 2nd page) so If these people are at all interested in building a camera it ISN"T hard to find in the first place.

I had auctions running last week and apparently one of the "NEWBIES" (i know because I have their email from a bidder), decided They would "SAVE THE WORLD" and emailed all the bidders and told them. I will not stand for this, If it happens again I will do all I can to put a stop to it.

I have been around this site a long time and have contributed ALL I POSSIBLY can to help people out. I HAVE sent people from EBAY.I have found multiple connections for cameras that I pass on to ****** so he doesn't run out, I have hacked a couple of cameras and willingly shared them(when I did this the price of these cameras tripled on EBAY).I have told Numerous people to email me direct to get them through their first camera, and lots have.

I take offence everytime 500 new people sign up and then 1 of them spots a camera for sale on EBAY,RUNS here and rats them out, thinking they have a right to complain when they have contributed <font size="5">ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING</font>.This has been discussed before.

I do sell them to make a bit of money, all my profits (NOWHERE NEAR AS MUCH AS YOU THINK). I am not a rich man. The money I make off of these cameras gets spent on other camera stuff,gas ,film etc...... I am sure some of you noticed I spend a great deal of time posting pictures from all 7 of my cameras I have out. Some of these cameras are 100 miles away from my house. Think gas is cheap ($3.50 /gallon)?

You can lock this topic if you want now, I have said my piece.I was unable to do so before the last topic was locked

davered1
AKA scoutpro

bat

Reaction score
Ok Ok I guess I will get my 2¢ in here also.  One thing that I have always felt is that the antis will never shut us down from hunting.....we are going to do it ourself with bickering with one another about something we all have an opinion on that is different from the other person.  We talk about not using Compound bows or flintlocks or flips or whatever as being unsportsman like to hunt with and a million other things that we outselves cannot seem to agree on.  IT BOILS DOWN TO THIS IF WE DON'T STOP CREATING PROBLEMS FOR ONE ANOTHER WE WILL SOON LOSE OUR HUNTING RIGHTS!  We should work together to get a solution to each problem as soon as we can and abide by that solution to make hunting for all people an ENJOYABLE experience.  Where I'm going with this is simple:  Work with one another as we have seen a lot of here on this forum but stop rubbing one another with this and that to comply.  If the need for making known the forums whereabouts and whats available to the buyer......darn folks that is not asking for an arm and a leg.....geee I wish that was "ALL" I had to worry about in life.  

Jesse, Tinhorn, Dave, Brian, Db, MC and about 50 other folks I am not naming on here right now......THANKS A TON FOR THE EFFORTS THAT ALL OF YOU HAVE DONE FOR HELPING ME WITH BUILDING MY CAMS....You can bet your bottom dollar that I will make every effort to make sure before I build/sell one to somebody else they will know what's available for them thru the website.  

If I have done one thing on here it's try to make new friends with a lot of different people.  I have done some of that....more so with a couple, for instants (dave...we communicate a good bit, BOHUNTER....we know each other enough now that I can call him a yearling or punk if I want to and he calls me a ole goat if he likes but "WE DO NOT GET ANGRY WITH ONE ANOTHER", why because we have become good friends....all because of the forum and the cams.  Friendship building is a lot of what is important in this forum as well as in Hunting in peticular.....if all Jesses ask of me is to make sure we give credit where credit is due when selling cams....hey we should be doing that anyway to help build friendship as well as help our fellow hunters.  Bottom line don't fight each other...build a relationship of working together to build a CHAMPIONSHIP Cam that we all can afford.  Now read my motto line below I have used this for a long time now as it means what it says.  "PRICELESS"  :toast-yellow:  Here's to friendship and Hunting....I want to keep mine...how about you?  Ok I'm done mouthing off now!  

(Edited by bat at 10:03 pm on June 26, 2002)

thehairlessone

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I doubt I ever could have made one of these things if it
wouldnt have been for Ks. Bowhunter's and  Davered's help! I was one of the newbies who started a thread about scoutpro cameras on ebay.

Then me and Dave started emailing each other and the amazing thing is, he never seems to tired of all my stupid questions.

So, anyway, i think everyone just needs to quit bickering and be thankful we have a place where we can get together and help each other with a hobbie we all enjoy!

Thanks for everything you do for this sight Dave! You are always posting some of the
best pics, giving advice, sharing sources AND your scoutpro cameras look as good as
any of the storebought ones! I have been recommending them to friends of mine who want to buy one instead of make one.

to all the guys who help us on here!

rick

Stever

Reaction score
I have been here for some time as well and have to add my thanks.
In the free world business enterprises succeed out of and dispite competition. Davered your wealth of information and your cameras truly are a testament to themselves. You can build one yourself and take the pride or that first step of openning a $75 CDn camera without any wiring experience could create great fear. I for one think that maybe we need a link back to ebay from here to what you have for sale so folks that cruise in can find out how to buy a homebuilt for themselves instead of dsestroying stuff before building one. My first camera cost way more than you sell them for! You should be proud of the fact that you sell a better camera than a manufactured model. It is repairable, service consultants on line 24 hours a day at JHP. I thank everyone for their help, wish I could contribute more. Thanks for being around. I hope you sell a zillion cameras, that way more folks will know what to do when they are walking through the bush and flash.

tomtruck

Reaction score
Dave turned me on to this site. he could have gladly withheld this site from me and sold me one of his, but he didnt, he turned me on to this site and helped me with my 1st cameras and has been terrific with advice and improvements to my units as well. and he has never tried to pull any potential buyers from my auctions..nor would i ever do that to him...Tom

Top Bottom