Senors?

Applbit

Reaction score
hello everyone, Im new to the board
Im planning on making my own trailcam, but which sensor should i use, ms20 or the radio schack alarm sensor?  if i use the ms20 and want to use 12vdc what do i have to modify?  
thanks guys

Stever

Reaction score
Welcome, This place is the best! Now that is speaking from someone with about 10 days experience being here as well as in electronics. I built my first camera a week ago. Since then I have acquired an MS 20 and a Lamson PIR. If you are building your first my suggesstion radio shack mini pir,  wire it exactly like they say with 5 vdc reed relay, leave it in its original case and mount it in your new tracker box. run two wires out of your camera stick to the directions and a canon owl af7 etc. Plug into pir set to chime and away you go. 3 rolls of film I have picts of raccoons, and a doe. working on posting them. Good luck it is easy with these folks help.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I started with the RS 49-425 and it works great and the picture is easy to go by.
 Since then i have used the MS20 and like the range better and it is not hard to build at all,if you use it and want 12vdc just buy the same relay(12vdc) im not sure but i think the others even have used a 9vdc relay with the 12v batterys???? if you dig around in these forums and do searches you will find what you need.

BUCKRIDER

Reaction score
I have been using the MS20 and a 9vdc relay from Radio shack, relay looks like the one you are replacing! they both work well with 12 volt dc mods. and a 1.3 amp/hr battery. print the directions from Jesses site before you begin wiring it up and you should be ok.

Top Bottom