Senser too sensitive?

weatherby460

Reaction score
I have a radio shack  49-425, if i am behind the sensor,and just wiggle the box, or move the box a little it sets it off.  Is it a bad sensor or maybe my relay is bad?  I have it hooked up to the speaker wires.  This is done just like jessie suggests on the homemade game cam.  Please help.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I think you have a bad connection, probabaly a solder joint and I'll make a guess it's one of the power leads connected to the battery or switch

Tinhorn

weatherby460

Reaction score
Good idea.  I just tried to wiggle the wires, and could not get it to trip,  I just bought a new sensor, and that one is very sensitive also.  I actually think my tv was setting it off for me.  I think its just a case of the sensor is too sensitive then what i think it should be.  Any tips on how i could make it less sensitive?  I have it mounted in its original caseing, sticking halfway out of my box.  Will duct tape help?

Zeke

Reaction score
Think about it...Its a motion sensor. It doesnt matter whats moving..whether it be something in front of it or the sensor itself. My sensor was like that right out of the box. I checked it out before I started taking it apart. I have seen other posts where people had put tape over parts of the fresnel lens to narrow the beam, but I'm a newbie so I'm not sure exactly. I think what I'll do once I have mine ready is check out the pics and see how wide of area is in it, then use the test LED to see if the sensor has too wide of view. Then if it did, put a little tape on each side of frenel lens to compensate. What do you experts think? Z

Tinhorn

Reaction score
The Tape being used on the Sensor's don't affect "Sensitivity" but only narrows the field of view so the animal is directly in front the camera when it goes off.....

I'm sure PIR sensitivity is <NOT> your problem (if a problem exists)

BTW
Because the Owl PF has a "Delay" berfore taking a pix, a wider field of view from the PIR is desirable compared to a camera that takes a pix immediatly.  

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom