Sensor question

CMitchell

Reaction score
2 questions.

1. It's been very hot lately (90+ degrees). I have about 12 pictures of nothing. My camera is facing west looking at a small opening in the trees with assorted weeds around. I'm guessing that the heat/wind combo set off my sensor. Has this happened to anyone else? Otherwise it works.

2. I use two dpt switches. One for the LED and one for the camera. Sometimes when I turn on the LED first and the camera second, the LED light won't light-up. I have to open the box and turn-off the sensor and turn it back on. Do I need to wait longer for the LED to light up? Do I need to discharge something?

Thanks in advance.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
!st question, probibly thermal and the setting sun. Second question, don't know your setup, and really don't have a clue.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
CMitchell,

Like HH said, without knowing exactly how you set it up, its difficult to tell.  I only use on DPDT switch, on that switch, I choose EITHER the led (I walk around in front of the camera to determine where my motion sensor is "picking up"), after I have the camera set up the way I want it, I flip the same DPDT switch to the "Camera" side, and now instead of the LED lighting up with motion, my camera will "fire" off a picture.  I never have the LED lit, and the camera "active" at the same time, it is either one or the other. The other switch I have on my box is just a SPST switch that kills the battery. Maybe give some details how you have it connected, and someone will try to help you out.

Top Bottom