• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Sept 1st 2019

jhill528

Either Bakersfield or Delano for me and my daughter. With a 5 year old in tow, its more about her than me. Good luck everyone.

Limited Out

jhill, I like your style! Most of the time having fun with your kids is way more important than how many birds you kill. I was just talking to my son this morning about the opener, he went on his first dove hunt right around that age. He's 42 now and we still hunt together a lot as well as fish. Nothing beats a lifelong hunting partner!

Last edited:

Sarghunter

Jhil, Good luck ,,, used to hunt Delano alot but got tired Scouting and then come Opening Morning everything was POSTED

Limited is right on Point Start them Young and you have a Partner for LIFE, Good LUCK

This Year I'm Blessed to have my Son with his Sons, My 2 Grandsons who are 6 & 4 experiencing Opening Day

dblsmk

Jhil, Good luck ,,, used to hunt Delano alot but got tired Scouting and then come Opening Morning everything was POSTED

Limited is right on Point Start them Young and you have a Partner for LIFE, Good LUCK

This Year I'm Blessed to have my Son with his Sons, My 2 Grandsons who are 6 & 4 experiencing Opening Day
The posting is becoming more frequent in the Palo Verde Valley also, which is why I don't spend much time until a week or so before opener. It has been told to me by more than one merchant that the farmers are in a hurry to replant, getting rid of the food source for dove which keeps the hunters out of their area. Then add in the signs...

Limited Out

So what is the take-a-way from all this posting? Pick up your empties, trash, don't field clean birds and leave guts and feathers all over the place, treat other peoples property like it's your own. Shoot responsibly and use common sense so our kids will have a place to hunt with their kids in the future.

Sarghunter

You are SO Right ON Limited......

Be an Advocate in the field and Promote doing the Right Thing of Cleaning UP AFTER YOUR HUNT

Be the Part of the SOLUTION Vs the Problem

Limited Out

Keep us posted, I'm going Friday this week for a bit of scouting and a Euro shoot. Then Thursday the following week to put a fork in the opener plan. Then the "Big Day". Choot Em'

Limited Out

I just got home from the I.V. about 2 hrs. ago, 82 Euros for two hunters before 11am. I guess that's an answer!

Sarghunter

4 Guys canceled OUT only need 8 rooms

Good luck camping those Days are long Gone for Me, Air Conditioning and a Pool is my Type of Camping in 110 Degree hEAT

solus

4 Guys canceled OUT only need 8 rooms

Good luck camping those Days are long Gone for Me, Air Conditioning and a Pool is my Type of Camping in 110 Degree hEAT
110 heat? Lmao that's funny. I don't remember it ever getting that low in the day

Limited Out

Camachos.jpgHere's the place if you ever hunt the Imperial Valley! This place is way out of town near one of our favorite "Hot Spots". Sometimes when you roll up the gravel parking lot is covered in empty shotgun shells from folks shooting doves out of the trees that surround the place before it opens, my kind of place. This is also a cash only outfit, no credit cards accepted. No cash register, no card reader in sight! The first time we went there, years ago, we whipped out the card to pay the tab. Then not having enough cash between us to pay, the lady that owns the place, Rosey, tell us to just mail her a check. Get Rosey talking and you will get a history on all the famous people who have eaten at this out of the way place. Good Food. https://www.yelp.com/biz/camachos-place-el-centro

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom