• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Servicing optics?

Brnsvllyjohn

How many of you have sent your binoculars or scopes in for service? I have sent Leupold scopes and binoculars back as well as Burris binoculars. In most cases they were just not perfectly clear any more. I would say that each time they were returned they seemed better than new. My Swarovski binoculars are about 15 years old and although there is nothing wrong with them I have been advised by other Swarovski owners to send them in for a cleaning and general service. If I was going to do it now is the time since I am not hunting right now.

dthome

I sent some Nikon binocs in once under warranty. They were misaligned. They came back completely unchanged. I sent them back again and received a newer model.

I think servicing higher end optics makes sense. Low end optics are cheaper to replace than repair.

OPAH

when you do send your stuf in for service or repair what is the fees encountered?

Brnsvllyjohn

I have never paid for any repairs, just shipping one way. I am getting conflicting info on the Swarovski stuff. Some say a service fee is required and others say there is no fee other than shipping.

Top Bottom