Shark Attack

Huntin' Foo'

Reaction score
Just heard that an ab diver was attacked and killed by a great white up at Fort Bragg over the weekend. Have yet to see an official story but will post as soon as I get it...more to follow.

Prayers to his friends and family.

Foo'

Farallon

Reaction score
Randy Fry was involved in Nor Cal Fishing Politics, on the side of the recreational fisherman.

RIP Randy.

Backcountry

Reaction score

Backcountry

Reaction score
Found this in another forum for CA fishing... Backcountry

Over at fullspeedfishing.com they are collecting money to give to the family to defray the cost of the funeral and memorial services. Donating to help cover the cost's for Randy's funeral & memorial so that his family doesn't have to take a double hit is a great idea. The cost of a average service these days is in the neighborhood of $12,000, I believe. Please give if you can.

I think the best way to honor Randy is for people to join the RFA and step up and support the fight for your right to fish. The RFA is attempting to stop the MLPA process from shutting down all fishing on most of the California coast. If you don't think this can happen you are 100% wrong. The enviros & other special interest groups have swayed Gov. Schwarzegger and things are moving their way. If you enjoy fishing our coast, whether from the shore, your own boat, or a charter, you better wake up and open your eyes.

For those who don't know, This guy fought for your fishing rights tooth and nail. And he did it for many years without any monetary compensation. He was at every DFG comission meeting with your best interest in mind, and holding their feet to the fire.

To join RFA go to:
www.joinrfa.org

Huntin' Foo'

Reaction score
Thanks BC. I definitely hear ya on the odds thing...makes ya think how different the food chain is in the ocean and how we're not on the top. I'm sure I'll be a bit leary on my next dive.

Foo'

Mattk53

Reaction score
This is a terrible story. I have been diving up and down that area for over 13 years. He sounded like a great man and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Matt

Backcountry

Reaction score
Looks like the found the guys head... Grusome for sure, and a sad ending.

Backcountry

From today's Press Democrat

Head of Fort Bragg shark attack found

Mendocino County authorities said Tuesday a human head found at Ten Mile Beach north of Fort Bragg is that of Randall Fry, who was the victim of a fatal shark attack three weeks ago.

The gruesome discovery was made last Friday but not reported by the county Sheriff’s Office until after the long Labor Day weekend so positive identification could be made, said Capt. Kevin Broin. Broin said Fry’s family has been informed of the discovery.

“It’s very sad, but the discovery of the remains should help the family bring closure to this terrible tragedy,” said Broin.

Broin said a beachcomber made the discovery at Ten Mile Beach north of Fort Bragg.

Top Bottom