Shed Antlers in New Brunswick

Shag

Reaction score
I realize there's a separate forum for this but was wondering if New Brunswick has good wintering or yarding areas for whitetail where an experienced shed hunter willing to walk would have the possibility of picking up a few nice antlers or possibly a really nice shed or two? They just don't get too big here abouts (Upstate NY) with a shed off a 3.5 year old about as good as it gets. Do any of you deer hunters from this province have any ideas on this or recommendations? Thanks --

recurveshooter

Reaction score
Shaq ,
we probably do but from what fish and game told me when i called ,about using antler buttons on leather work that i do , that here in N.B . you can be fined $2000 and spend a week in jail for being in possession of a shed antler .isn't that just great !!!----- herb

Shag

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know that. What a bummer. Well, thanks for the heads-up on that, now I know. Thanks.

muskrat89

Reaction score
In all my years hunting, trapping, and fishing in NB, I never found a shed antler.....

stripcut2

Reaction score
We have only found a couple of whitetail drops here in NB in many years of tramping the woods. I think the reasonis too many porkies, they drga them off and eat them right up. Also a lot of years the deer here drop their antlers before they yard up so you don't tend to find an area where there are a number of sheds. They are scattered through the bush.
We have found some moose sheds though while wheeling in the spring. They tend to be on the old logging roads the moose use when traveling in the winter. They generally already have some tooth marks but are too big to haul away I think.

nbbucks

Reaction score
I've found about 15 or so whitetail sheds and 1 moose antler. A good buddy of my found a set that would gross in the 180's. Huge main beams that stretch out to 29 inches and over 6 inch bases. It's a typical 8 point with some kickers.

Top Bottom