Shed Trap?

3030win

Have any of you guys ever made a shed trap? It's a section of chicken wire in a shape of a V. You put corn in the middle and when bucks go to eat it, it knocks their antlers off. Does this sound like it would work?

docapi

I have heard of this sort of thing before, but my concern would be the deer getting stuck in the trap if their antlers were not ready to come off. The deer could end up getting seriously injured fighting to get free. The other alternative would be a deer running through the woods with a bunch of chicken wire tangled up in his rack.

I think there was a discussion on this topic in the homemade equipment forum. you might want to do a search there.

3030win

You make a good point. Well I could try wood instead of chicken wire. I might give it a try next year.

RSB

I have heard of using concrete reinforce wire in a v shape the bucks can not get their head in if the antlers do not come off, never tryed this. Sure would not want them to get caught in the wire.

135inchsingle

Put 2 alfalfa bales about 1 foot apart and put corn or other feed on ground between them. The deer will hit it's antlers on the bales as it feeds on the corn. Simple and safe.

Top Bottom