shelf for camera

bat

Reaction score
Just something you might want to try.  This may have been posted before.  I added a piece of plexiglass to my camera enclosure to support the camera.  I cut it to fix the width of the box and hot glued the underside to stick it quick, then Gooped it on the upper side for better gluing.  I cut it the full depth and added 1" styrofoam behind the camera with closed cell foam to finish it out.  1/8" plexiglass is strong enought for this...I got a scrap piece from my local hardware.  Don't want to buy to much of this stuff.... .02-.05 cents a square inch can add up fast.

homer

Reaction score
Bat,  I did the same with my first couple of cameras. I then mounted a panel mounted jack thur it,so I can plug the camera into the shelf. Works great.

MBullism

Reaction score
I'm doing it too, LOL.  Works great and kind of "compartmentalizes" my enclosure.  The only thing I typically need access to is the camera anyway, and that comes out with a click of the phone clip disconnect...  The guy I bought my house from left 3 or 4 decent size sheets of the stuff, so I figure mine to go about 100 bucks a square inch, LOL.  

M

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Bat, on my box with the med kit, I used a small strip of sheet metal and bent it up the sides so if anyone tried to rip it off the tree at least they would have to fix the box alot before they used it and the metal does well to act as a shelf for the cam. My next one will have the RS sensor mounted below the shelf instead of on the door. MC.

http://community.webshots.com/album/34411254keyeYM

bat

Reaction score
More good ideas, thanks guys, now see if we share this stuff we can all have better built cams.  Keep them coming.

jayber

Reaction score
The only thing I would offer on the subject is, I did the same thing, hot glued plexiglass for a shelf in my box (Lexan), but sometimes I had the glue break loose.  So now, I run a small screw in from each side and one in from the front to insure that it won't move.  Silicone around the screw to seal.  I camo tape over them so you can't see them anyway.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom