She's A Beauty!

richardoutwest

Reaction score
For all of you that have ever tried to find a jeep from 76 to 79 that does not have any frame cracks, no dents, no rust, 304 with power steering and with less than 100,000 mile can really appreciate this one! The guy told me he had a jeep that he would sell me really cheap, I had to go look. Let me tell you, it pays to be a good friend to everyone, I almost $h!t after going over it with a fine tooth comb!

Attachments

Shot

Reaction score
Congrats on the find! They are definitely harder to find these days. I started my own project a few month ago, a frame up rebuilt.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
Hey man, that's a great find. It looks fairly unmolested too. It's got the original carb, valve covers and only a mild lift. That's cool! And I like the rear rack. That thing's neat. Is it home-made, or "manufactured"?

Way cool!

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
I noticed that too; there's TWO of 'em!

richardoutwest

Reaction score
She is really in great shape, just been setting for a long time. The owner had broken his back and not able to drive or keep up with it. He did start it off and on. It does need a carb, battery and tires, a tie rod end and some tender lovin care. I am not going to do a frame up rebuild at this time, but I am going to get her in shape. The lift is new 3" with rancho shocks, the rear rack is comming off and a new one off the rear bumper and frame will be going on. I don't like anything bolted to the body that has any weight to it. It is all original other than that. The Hi-Lift's (2) were in the deal.

ducslayer

Reaction score
I have a 78 cj5 I drove it off the lott brand new for $6,000 I have had it longer than 3 of my kids & it still runs.You will enjoy it!.........Jim

richardoutwest

Reaction score
Original owner! Wow, I would love to see some pics! This is my third jeep and I think she will be my best one yet. 2 CJ5 & 1 CJ7

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
Richard,

Why do you say it needs a carb? That's the best carb in the world, and it's the original carb by design. You can rebuild that one for less than $20 bucks. Well OK, you might have to invest 30 minutes of your time, but other than that, it's CHEAP to rebuild. And it runs GREAT!

richardoutwest

Reaction score
Belch, I should have said "it needs a kit" or "it needs a rebuild". Your right, they are a hell of a carb and I intend on keeping the same type of carb. Do you know of any good jeep mail order places that are good? I have looked at Trailquest.com, I was wondering if you may have any others?

swampy tim

Reaction score
Economics forced me to sell my '47 2a last year and now I am jelous of yours. First a new Dodge and now a new toy, congrats. S/T

el_vaquero

Reaction score
Can't wait to see her when you get her fixed up. Congrats on the find.

richardoutwest

Reaction score
Swampy, it took me a very long time between Jeeps, around 16 years! Out here in AZ, if you are able to find a jeep in any shape at all, that is half the battle. Then to get the price down reasonable is another. Most Jeeps out here have craked frame work and craked bodies. Most all have well worn running gear. It really was a long time comming, I was also forced to get rid of my last CJ-7. This one is going to be around for a very long time.

powerstroke46

Reaction score
awesome find man im also currently looking for a jeep right now but I need to sell my chevelle first and im having a little trouble with that

Advertisement

Top Bottom