She's a slim and sexy girl... but....

TheGDog

Reaction score
Today was my pickup day for the 1894 Marlin .44 Mag Lever-Action.

When I had purchased my .30-30 a few years back... when I went to attempt to sight it in with the irons... it was then I learned that the front sight blade was redonkulously loose.

This time... right there in front of the clerk... we checked the front sight blade on this gun as well. And this one was THE SAME WAY... EVEN MORE LOOSE!

Pretty sure I could probably completely push out the front sight blade with my finger if I continued to apply more force from Right-to-Left. And I can see that underneath the Dovetail is where you access the 2nd screw for the sight ramp.

What the Hell? Are they doing this on purpose or something? Is it maybe because the aftermarket peep sights have become such a popular thing they think they are just trying to make it easier for the users to get the front sight ramp off??

Sigh... I mean... I'm going with an optic anyway, the same Weaver 1-3x20mm classic scope. But damn man... this is really buggin' me!

Anyhoo... she is a sexy skinny girl with a nice big mouth, HaHA!
WP_20190329_002.jpg

P304X4

Reaction score
Better hold her tight or she might kick your butt.....nice looking rifle!

TheGDog

Reaction score
Did an initial sight-in of the Weaver Classic 1-3x20mm scope at a nearby indoor range today. After about 40 rds the lever got stuck in the open position. Locked up tight. When I got home and investigated, the screw which mounts the loading gate to the receiver must have backed-out a little bit, thus the loading gates spring arm was saggin inward into the action a little bit, so it and the carrier/rocker became stuck impeding each other. Thankfully It was literally Tighten a screw, good as new! You just tigtthen this one screw that mounts the loading gate to the action and it tightened it back up and was no longer sagging inward, and was properly under spring tension again.
WP_20190330_001.jpg

I'll take it!
WP_20190330_002.jpg

Top Bottom