Shocking

Rooter

Reaction score
Would it be possible to put a capacitor in the cam case that would charge off of the battery and when someone grabbed the bungee or handle would get a jolt?  A magnetic switch could be placed inside that could disable the charge.  It was just a sick thought I had after thinking about the last time I touched the flash cap in an OWL.  I know none of you guys would ever think of such a cruel thing.

Rooter
:frankenstein:

Rooter

Reaction score
For what protecting private property?  I guess I would put a big DO NOT TOUCH HIGH VOLTAGE sign on it.  I think being sued would be the last thing I would worry about.

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Actully, you can be sued... BIG TIME, as well as face criminal charges... trust me , you do not want to booby trap anything that you set out.
Protecting personal property is not a justifiable reason in the eyes of the law to set booby traps that can maim or kill.

Rooter

Reaction score
So there have been a lot of guys on this board killed by the flash cap on the Canon Owl?  I think you guys are taking me a little to serious.  Do you really worry about being sued for everything?  Anyone can be sued for anything.  I can see if I was proposing hooking up a sawed off shotgun or a spray can of anthrax, and for that matter if someone walks by and is frightened by the flash and has a heartattack I could be sued.  Even though I may not try the shocking part I'll risk keeping the falsh attached.

Rooter
a.k.a. "The Shocker"

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Didn't mean to cause an up roar.

I just stumbled on the site and the little evil grin came out.

I would never use it but I did think of several uses for it.

Kind of like thinking of winning the lottery.  I day dream about it but do not expect it to occur.

Getting several of your cameras stolen will kind of make you a little bitter about the subject.  It is a full time job to keep people from tresspassing on our lease and I have been threatened and so forth.  The sheriff maintains he can do nothing unless you hold them and you can't hold them without force so it is an endless battle for the good guy.
Makes good people go bad.

Rooter

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my lease.  People just don't notice the hundreds of posted signs ringing the perimeter.  If someone were to stumble on to my land, fall down and hurt themselves I could be liable.  Oh what a sad, sad world we live in today.  I remember when no one had to post their land because all hunters were sportsman and abided by the rules.  Oh well back to my plans to take over the world and make me the supreme ruler.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Here's a non law suit possibility.  Hook up a tilt switch to activate some form of ultrasonic emitter.  Set at high dB output with the right frequency - you could really have some fun with the scumbags. :->

Archilochus

bat

Reaction score
Hmmmm got to make sure I wipe all my fingerprints off the camera before leaving it.  Don't know who it belongs to Sheriff but it did "Hold" him till you got here.  Oh by the way arrest him he's trespassing.  Nah might not be a good idea.  I still have him on my hidden second cam with the non-flash on it.  :smile-big-blue:

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
hmmmm,
i have 400 acres, a shotgun and a shovel....
any questions????
LOL
But seriously, Rooter you are right, it's a sad world we live in where a person can be sued over the most trivial thing.. the really sad part is that most Plaintiffs win:((

shufigo

Reaction score
Even if they don't win, the cost of defending yourself is so high that you might as well have lost.  No, the thought is appropriate, but not the method.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
That's the problem, they <font size="3">"ALWAYS"</font> get <font size="3">some</font> money

Either in Court or out of court settlement

My 2¢ Worth.......

Tinhorn

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
I like the tilt switch idea. I have some now I just need something that puts out 150db or more,that at least might scare them to #!@$#%^^ (oops here is the sued thing again) Just can't win. :frown-blue:

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Why not just build a forcefield around it, I know I have the schematic around here somewhere.

:star-wars:

There are lots of things that would work, but most all of them are illegal. Dead people can't sue, but their families can!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom