Shooting Blanks!

Osprey

Reaction score
I have always had a few blanks on every roll of film from the begining, but the last three or four rolls of film, have almost all been blanks, on my last film I only got one deer picture, and the rest where blank, any I deas on what the problem could be?
I getting tired of spending so much money on films that dont have anything on them! I remember someone telling me the sun can set it off if it shines right in to the sensor, so I have been makeing sure the camera is always facing north or south.

Thanks,

Ryan

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
If the unit was working fine, and then all of a sudden you are now getting "false" pictures, I would suggest checking the batteries in the P.I.R.  If you have already tried that, how about a cold solder joint that may finally be working itself loose? Hope these suggestions help you.

StringShooter

Reaction score
I have that problem more in the warm summer months. But if the cam is pointed towards the sun, you will have the false pic problem year round.

You should be able to look at your pictures and tell if there is any glare caused by the sun. That would be your problem then.

Are they during the day or night?

There are many things creeping around in the woods that may set the cam off and escape before getting a picture. I had a problem with coyotes. They are allways running and would be out of view by the time the sutter went off.

Change your batteries and try a new location for a low cost attempt to solve your problem. Northwest seems to be my best direction to reduce false pics.

gizz

Reaction score
One thing that would be helpful is to look at the times of the false pics. Are they all in a row and within a few minutes? At night? During daylight? Mixed among "good" pics? Beginning of roll? End of roll? Entire roll? Time of day - Sunrise? Sunset? etc...

This kind of information can help determine the problem. I once had a PIR battery go low and the cam ripped off about 20 pics in a row all within a couple minutes.

If you can post this kind of info it may help in determining what MIGHT be the problem.

bigmandude

Reaction score
I only point cameras due north and use a compass to make sure,  have reduced false pics to 1-2 per roll.  remember in the winter months the sun is much lower on the horizon, making south facing cameras vulnerable,  also might make it harder to see what is on picture if it is in sillouette.,,, just my $.02

Osprey

Reaction score
Most of the blanks are taken during the day, with a few at night, they are usually taken in groups of five or six at a time, no specific time of the day sets them off, but like I said most are taken during the day. The camera batteries are new as of my last roll, but I haven’t changed the sensors battery for a wile, I'll change it and set the camera up tonight to see if that’s the problem.

Thanks,

Ryan  

Possum

Reaction score
Sometimes on a feeder I will have blanks that have a coon pic in the pic in front or behind them.  The coon will climb the tree behind the cam and stick his fingers around the cam and set off the pic.  This has been happening in the woods, as well as, on the feeders but mainly on the feeders.  False pics at night for me are mostly set off by something living.  only the ones during the day I suspect as falsies.  Try changing the batteries especially on the Ms20 type sensors.  Good Luck!

Top Bottom