Shopping during a crisis

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
We have not driven to a major grocery store in about 3 weeks. My friends and family all tell me about the really long lines and at some stores they are only allowing a few people in at a time. We live about 25 miles from any major stores but only about 7 miles from 2 different small family owned stores. My wife has been to the closest one twice in the last 3 weeks. She has only purchased milk, eggs, bread and a few fresh vegetables. Choices are limited but they do have food on the shelves. At 7:30 in the morning there were never more than 3 cars in the parking lot that probably has 50 parking spots. My brother told me yesterday that in Salinas he couldn't find a parking spot so he didn't even stop. This is the second time he has tried. He hasn't actually been to a grocery store in two weeks because he will not go in a crowded store and then stand in a long line.

How are the lines in your area?

Planetcat

Reaction score
I went last Sunday (Bay area suburb). There was plenty of stuff to buy, just not everything. Zero paper products, but plenty of dairy, fish and some meat. No rice or pasta. Prob about 50 people in the store, everyone keeping their distance. The bummer was that there were only 2 checkers and one for the self check line. It was prob a 20 minute wait. I stocked up for a good 2 weeks. I found paper products online, so I’m good for awhile. No desire to fight the zombie hoards any time soon.

dustin ray

Reaction score
I here Costco lets us old fart in early on Tuesdays and thursdays 7am to 9am

Limited Out

Reaction score
Maybe I am a little crazy and over reacting. I don't think it's worth the risk to go into those stores. We drove by Wally World last night and I would say there business is down maybe 60%. Most of the people were going in and out of the store with no form of personal protection. I don't think they believe this serious, this going to be a long haul folks if we don't get serious. The misses normal keeps us stocked up and is a creative cook. She's been baking bread which is better than store bough. We have items that are coming from online ordering, the package will be sitting in the back porch for a couple of days before opening. Also the garden is going in today or tomorrow. I am planning on hunting on Monday and will probable get 1 or 2 dozen Euros. You can always fish. One thing I am pretty sure of is, the guys that post on this forum won't be going hungry! No stores for us for at least 3 weeks, that's the plan.

P304X4

Reaction score
Between rationing of some products and a moderate relaxing of panic buying we're starting to see more items on the shelves. Many are "sheltering in place" now so there are fewer people in the stores. Hopefully a vaccine will be found soon to fight this virus.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
stores are hot zones so im using instacart and filling up the freezers. Home delivery and they leave it at my driveway gate. Then i do a military style decon station routing. Call me paranoid but i aint getting that nasty virus if i can help it. Or spreading it.

Buddy says they have giant plexiglass sneeze shields up in the stores now. Thats all it takes is one ahole to sneeze on you or the shelves.

Top Bottom