Short Bobcat Video from Videocam

gizz

Reaction score
Here is short clip of a bobcat(i think) i got recently on the videocam. The quality is not the greatest, i think the heat or glass maybe had an effect on the videocam tape. I'm gonna try again soon.
This one is 1.5Megs long - Right Click and "Save target as" to your computer. Then click on it to watch it.
** had to remove this because Yahoo Geocities "kicked" me for violating the external link code **

(Edited by gizz at 2:51 pm on July 20, 2001)

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
Thats awesome gizz!!! I wish he would have been walking towards the camera!!! But at least you got something!!!! good luck!!!

billyray

Reaction score
All I get is the page is unavailable. Sure wanted to see it.

gizz

Reaction score
I just went there and ALL of my files are gone. Everything! Hmmm...guess I'll try and contact support. I'm in the process of getting some "real" space and hopefully it'll be a little more stable.
Sorry bout that - at least brotherwolf got to see it.

gizz

Reaction score
I've been "kicked" for the following violation.

"Pulling files from your GeoCities account to a location outside of Yahoo! GeoCities, such as auction sites, message boards, and other web sites"

Apparantly they don't like this cause they can't Spam visitors this way. I'll be setting up a new page with a real Host soon enough.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Gizz, get your own domain name and be free at last. Free at last!!!! I just saw an offer of 50 megs for $7.00 a month. Pretty good deal. Check with your ISP and see what they offer for free too.

gizz

Reaction score
It will be done Spectr, IT WILL BE DONE!
Ummm, here's to Yahoo Geocities :MN

(Edited by gizz at 3:02 pm on July 20, 2001)

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
WOW! I feel lucky! you mean to tell me I'm the only one that has got to see it? COOL! Ha! just kidding! I hope you get it going so the others can see it too.

gizz

Reaction score
Don't know how long this link will last but let's give it another try. This bobcat was taken with the homebrew videocam in June. It's about 1.5M long. You'll need to right click and "save target as" to your hard drive. Then dbl click it. The format is MPEG.

http://wlhale.mystarband.net/images/bobcatshort.mpa

(Edited by gizz at 2:41 pm on Aug. 10, 2001)

Fubar

Reaction score
Gizz  Thats great. I would like to know some info about your cam. Which one did you use? How long did it take you to make it? How much do you have invested?  Thanx for sharing.           Fubar

wvhunter

Reaction score
Gizz, that is GREAT!  The video trail cam seems to be working real well.  Have you gotten any film at night?

Thanks for sharing the video!

Arrowhead

Reaction score
That's cool Stuff. You guys amaze me.....

Thanks for sharing.

gizz

Reaction score
Fubar - there is a link on jesses home page that points to plans for the videocam although the timer board is now 100% different. It's a slight variation of a 4 stage timer posted earlier. I'll try and get an updated setup to Jesse. The cam is a Panasonic VHS-C palmcorder. I've used the PV-IQ403, PV-IQ303, and PV-IQ50?

wvhunter - I set up the cam over a trail leading to my PVC feeder (thanks Tinhorn!) and in one night I got no less than 35 clips of 30 seconds each. They looked really nice. I'm gonna try and get it out this weekend to see what else is tramping around. This thing is fun but not much of a scouting tool. More for fun than anything else. Takes a bit more to set it up and re-charge the batt's but still lot's of fun.

robNhood

Reaction score
Nice job.
Are you sure thats not Bigfoot walking on all fours?

gtk

Reaction score
Gizz.. That is nothing but awesome.  Great work on the "gizz cam".

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Kewl video Gizz. Them bobcats sure do walk funny don't they?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom