Short notice

foulshot

Reaction score
I know this is short notice but I just got info.  Leon Lesika of Desert Wildlife Unlimited is doing some work tomorrow around Niland.

I received a call from Leon Lesicka of Desert Wildlife Unlimited tonight.  He is looking for volunteers for this Saturday over in El Centro.  They will be catching and planting pheasants, then planting sugarcane.  If you can help please call Leon 760-344-2793 before 9 pm any night.  Meeting place is on English Road Northwest of Niland.
Time:  8:30 am  Saturday, February 2nd.
Directions:  Go northwest of Niland about 1 to 1-1/2 miles to English Road, turn North (right). Go about 1 mile to a set of buildings.  Leon will be waiting there.

Chris

Reaction score
Can't make it tomorrow, but I'd be happy to help out some other time.  Does DWU have a mailing list or email list...I'd like to get involved.

foulshot

Reaction score
Chris, I couldn't make it either.  Had to many honeydoos!  I'm not sure about a mailing list or not.  I get the info from a buddy that is in San Diego QU.  He knows Leon and gets the info through the grapevine and by the time I get an e-mail it's only a couple days before the day they need help.  I know that they are planning another day down in the valley planting pheasant and sugarcane for habitat, but I don't know when it is.  As soon as I find out, I'll put a post in.
As for info on DWU you might try www.socal.pheasantsforever.org.

Top Bottom