SHOT Show 2010

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Who's going to Vegas in January? I plan on arriving Tuesday night, going to the show on Wednesday. Anybody want to meet up for dinner on Tuesday night?
:toast-yellow:

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
I'll be up there Sunday the 17th through Friday the 22nd.

Let's eat. You got a place picked out yet?

MarinePMI

Hey X,

Give me a holler Weds..

Already booked Tuesday night with some industry folks, but would love to touch base (seems like forever since we went hunting together!).

Huntin Fool

Hey jesse, if there is a booth check out the Zen Ray ED2's. Let me know if they live up to the hype if possible. Thanks...

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
got it Huntin Fool, I'll look them up. Rained most of the morning on us at the Desert Sportsman range. Tim liked the new Browning Maxus auto shotgun. It lists for $1300 MSRP. In the afternoon we shifted over to the Boulder City range where Bass Pro had there media at the range day. The rain finally let up and we hit the Glock, Colt, Beretta boths.

HOGHUNTER714

Found this in the local paper. It seems 22 people attending the SHOT SHOW have some explaining to do.....

WASHINGTON (AP) — Twenty-two executives and employees at suppliers to the military and law enforcement agencies were arrested on the eve of their industry’s annual trade show in Las Vegas after a 2 1/2-year undercover sting operation aimed at schemes to bribe a foreign official.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/21/business/21sting.html

ADMIN MODE: please, no copying and pasting full articles from commercial sources due to copyright. A paragraph or 2 and a link it all that we can allow. Thanks.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Twern't me in the bust :wavin hello:. The bust was the talk around the supper table when I left. No names yet I've seen on what companies and who.

The Trijicon ACOG sight dust up was the other hit topic at SHOT this week.

'Jesus Guns': Two More Countries Rethink Using Weapons with Secret Bible References - ABC News

Talk about much ado about nothing. MSM at it's best. Something Trijicon has been doing for over 22 years and never tried to hide? They bought this stuff off the shelf in a COTS purchase.

Firm to Remove Bible References From Gun Sights - NYTimes.com

English

The rest of us.............

Would love to hear what you all thought were the highlights and what products would be worth finding out more about that made news at the Show?

Please!

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
SHOT Show 2010 Video Report From Neil (Zenhunter)

SHOT Show 2010 Video Report From Neil (Zenhunter) for JHO. Great job Neil.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z3reu1Vn0WA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z3reu1Vn0WA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I've got some video coming and will post it soon.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
I didn't really see a bunch of stuff that caught my eye. One of the things that did was a blind/cart combo piece. Looked really cool. Didn't see much for new guns and stuff. I went through the show really quick and didn't have a lot of time. Maybe next year I'll stay for two days.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Hutin Fool. sorry about getting back so late to you. I was unable to get by their booth as I had my camera get wet and had to leave the show early to get it dried out and repaired.

I did talk to a couple folks who had been by their booth and they liked the glass, they said it was crisp and a good buy at that price point. The problem I've found with trying to evaluate optics in shows like this is the lighting sucks. That and all we can do is look at the far walls with banners on them to see how they perform. The best test for me is in low light while outside to show how the optic performs in the situations where you need it the most.

Top Bottom