Should the U.S. military ban tobacco use?

Should the U.S. military ban tobacco use?

• Yes

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 67 91.8%

• Total voters

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
There is a report that the military is considering the ramification of a total ban on tobacco by military troops. It would also prohibit tobacco sales on bases. It would be a total ban on tobacco whether smoking or smokeless.

You can read more here.

What say ye; good or bad.

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
If those boy (and girls) are out there putting their lives on the line for us and they want a smoke now and then I say light 'um up. I hate smoking but as long as you don't smoke around me in an enclosed space who am I to complain.

Marty

Reaction score
No. Not unless Congress is going to pass a bill to ban it nationwide.

biseger

Reaction score
Go fight for freedoms that we won't let you have. What a crock of @@#$%%. I dont smoke but is'nt it what this country stands for Freedom.

Saycheese

Reaction score
Mebbe it'll be "Don't ask, don't smell". :bag-on-head:

ltdann

Reaction score
:good post sign: What besieger said. I'm beginning to feel like livestock. Bred for longevity and the ability pay taxes, nothing more.

Orygun

Reaction score
Smoke if you got em.

If your spending much of your time trying to not get shot or have your rig blown out from under while driving down the road, you should be able to smoke. Seriously, a little tar and nicotine is the least of their worries.

RR1

Reaction score
The commander in chief of the military smokes. Does he have to quit too?

Birddog3

Reaction score
Next thing they'll try to ban is bullets..........Oh that's right.....they're already trying. When they get done we'll be a third world country! :skeered::skeered::skeered:

MULEY51

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Alcohol is ten times worse than cigarettes. Is that next? :mad-fumin-red: LEAVE THE MILITARY ALONE!!!

Dain V

Reaction score
Won't happen.

Who voted yes? These people need to be exposed.

Fastshot

Reaction score
If they put their life's on the line for us, they should be able to smoke all they want.:smoke:

As long as they don't have to pay, $23,148,855,308,184,500 for them.

Last edited:

559hog

Reaction score
They probably shouldn't do it. I'm a veteran, and not a hardcore smoker, but I enjoyed a casual one during my time in the service. I can honestly say it did some good in my life. It kept me from going psycho on the ship during 6-8 month deployments at sea. Currently, the VA I work at is building a designated smoking area, no more smoking in the parking lot, atrium, breeze ways, etc.

easymoney

Reaction score
Those who think up these stupid laws need to be taken out to the woodshed for a good smoke...
As has already been said, the men and women that lay their lives on the line every minute of every day just so the idiots have the freedoms we enjoy should be able to do any damn thing they want within the law...

Goodranger

Reaction score
I am not going to commit one way or the other.

However, my Dad got hooked on smokes in Korea, and is now fighting cancer and can't get too far away from the oxygen tank.

He wishes that he hadn't been exposed to cigs in that environment. The VA has to spend alot of money because of the habit the military helped him with.

TagEmBagEm

Reaction score
Heck no. What's even worse, these guys and gals go over seas, dodge bullets, live through hell, see comrades not come home, etc. And the one's that do make it home, can't even have a pop with their grandad or dad just for a good time. I know it has nothing to do with tobacco, but it's along the same lines.

Last I checked, this was a free country. Well, a free country with more and more things being regulated. Problem is, some people need the regulations as their not smart enough to figure things out for themselves. And, there are some that are too smart for their own good. Especially when they feel like they know what's best for everybody. Point is, after a long hard day of chasing Hajji around at the beach, there's nothing better than popping in a nice Copenhagen, or taking a pull of an American Marlboro. It's the American way.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom