'Shove It'

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Heinz Kerry Tells Reporter to 'Shove It'
Teresa Heinz Kerry Calls for More Civil Tone in Politics, Then Tells Reporter to 'Shove It'

The Associated Press

BOSTON July 25, 2004 — Teresa Heinz Kerry urged her home-state delegates to the Democratic National Convention to restore a more civil tone to American politics, then minutes later told a newspaperman to "shove it."
"We need to turn back some of the creeping, un-Pennsylvanian and sometimes un-American traits that are coming into some of our politics," the wife of Sen. John Kerry told her fellow Pennsylvanians on Sunday night at a Massachusetts Statehouse reception.

Minutes later, Colin McNickle, the editorial page editor of the conservative Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, questioned her on what she meant by the term "un-American," according to a tape of the encounter recorded by Pittsburgh television station WTAE.

Heinz Kerry said, "I didn't say that" several times to McNickle. She then turned to confer with Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell and others. When she faced McNickle again a short time later, he continued to question her, and she replied, "You said something I didn't say. Now shove it."

The Pennsylvania delegation was the first to be visited by the wife of Kerry, the presumptive Democratic nominee. Before her encounter with McNickle, she criticized the tenor of modern political campaigns, without being specific.

Vice President Dick Cheney recently came under criticism for using a four-letter obscenity in an exchange with Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., on the Senate floor. He later was unapologetic about the remark, saying: "I felt better after I said it."

Coondog

Banned
Reaction score
I hear about this on the radio this morning.. I am beginning to like her more and more.. The more she opens her mouth between now and Nov. the better chance GW has...

paulc

Reaction score
She is a real nut case.

If she wasnt filthy rich, nobody would put up with her crap.

Her money elevated JK above the other kooks in the primary and I dont thinks she plans on letting any of them (hubby or the DNC) forget it.

When you are one of the rich elite, how dare one of the little people ask you any kind of question or question you.

Reaction score
Something strangley similar in the demeanor of liberal politicians' wives....they must not be gettin' any at home!!! LOL!!!

bzzboyz

Reaction score
Kerry Making No Apologies For Wife's Comments
Candidate: Heinz Kerry Spoke Her Mind In Telling Reporter To 'Shove It'

POSTED: 7:14 am EDT July 26, 2004
UPDATED: 6:33 pm EDT July 26, 2004

BOSTON -- Neither John Kerry nor the Democratic Party made apologies Monday after Theresa Heinz Kerry told a Pittsburgh journalist to "shove it" after she claimed he misquoted her.

John Kerry defended his wife, saying he doesn't have a problem with his wife speaking her mind.

Kerry was at the Kennedy Space Center with John Glenn Monday when he spoke out about his wife's outburst at an insistent journalist's questions.

"My wife speaks her mind appropriately," Kerry said.

On Sunday, Heinz Kerry had given a speech urging fellow Pennsylvanians to "turn back the sometimes un-American traits" creeping into politics.

Minutes later, Colin McNickle, the editor of the conservative Pittsburgh Tribune Review, questioned her about what she meant by "un-American".

"No, I didn't say that. Why are you putting words into my mouth?" she said.

Kerry seemed visibly disturbed by the exchange and went over to Pennsylvania's governor to discuss the situation before returning to McNickle to make one final point.

"You said something I didn't say. Now, shove it," she said.

Heinz Kerry is known for her independence and for speaking her mind -- much to the chagrin of some in the Democratic Party. Some said that she shouldn't have to apologize for her remarks.

"A lot of Americans are going to say, 'good for you. You go girl!' And that's certainly how I feel about it," Sen. Hillary Clinton said.

"This was sheer frustration aimed at a right-wing rag that has consistently and purposely misrepresented the facts in reporting on Mrs. Kerry and her family," Heinz Kerry's spokesman said in a statement.

The Tribune Review is known for its conservative editorial tradition and Heinz Kerry has had editorial disagreements with the newspaper in the past.

paulc

Reaction score
Originally posted by bzzboyz@Jul 26 2004, 07:37 PM
Kerry Making No Apologies For Wife's Comments
Candidate: Heinz Kerry Spoke Her Mind In Telling Reporter To 'Shove It'

POSTED: 7:14 am EDT July 26, 2004
UPDATED: 6:33 pm EDT July 26, 2004

BOSTON -- Neither John Kerry nor the Democratic Party made apologies Monday after Theresa Heinz Kerry told a Pittsburgh journalist to "shove it" after she claimed he misquoted her.

John Kerry defended his wife, saying he doesn't have a problem with his wife speaking her mind.

Kerry was at the Kennedy Space Center with John Glenn Monday when he spoke out about his wife's outburst at an insistent journalist's questions.

"My wife speaks her mind appropriately," Kerry said.

On Sunday, Heinz Kerry had given a speech urging fellow Pennsylvanians to "turn back the sometimes un-American traits" creeping into politics.

Minutes later, Colin McNickle, the editor of the conservative Pittsburgh Tribune Review, questioned her about what she meant by "un-American".

"No, I didn't say that. Why are you putting words into my mouth?" she said.

Kerry seemed visibly disturbed by the exchange and went over to Pennsylvania's governor to discuss the situation before returning to McNickle to make one final point.

"You said something I didn't say. Now, shove it," she said.

Heinz Kerry is known for her independence and for speaking her mind -- much to the chagrin of some in the Democratic Party. Some said that she shouldn't have to apologize for her remarks.

"A lot of Americans are going to say, 'good for you. You go girl!' And that's certainly how I feel about it," Sen. Hillary Clinton said.

"This was sheer frustration aimed at a right-wing rag that has consistently and purposely misrepresented the facts in reporting on Mrs. Kerry and her family," Heinz Kerry's spokesman said in a statement.

The Tribune Review is known for its conservative editorial tradition and Heinz Kerry has had editorial disagreements with the newspaper in the past.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
"A lot of Americans are going to say, 'good for you. You go girl!' And that's certainly how I feel about it," Sen. Hillary Clinton said.[/b]
Typical Clinton democrat. Do anything for one more black vote.

None of them dare to question miss money bags.

Coondog

Banned
Reaction score
I saw a clip of this video last night on the news.. She marched straight off that stage and made a beeline for that reporter.. Talk about a total BITCH!!! Just keep opening your mouth lady... Us Republicans like it!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom