Shutter delay for AF cameras

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
I'm just starting to use AF cameras, and wondered, would it be worth having about a 1 to 1-1/2 second shutter delay while the 1/2 press focused? Are most pics fine w/out? Brian, would this be difficult w/ your chips?

Butch

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi HH,
I made a quickie circuit that did just that for Richard Webb, who formerly was a member of this forum.  I never heard back from him as to if the pictures were better - I'm guessing there is no real difference.  I *think* the cam will still execute its AF routines even if the shutter button is fully pressed in one quick press.

Anyway, here's the link if you're interested:
http://www.geocities.com/archilochus57/49-425.html

Look down at the bottom of the page for the "two-step" timer.  You'll also find a link to Richards home page - you can contact him from there and ask him if the results were worthwhile.

Archilochus

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I was looking at some older posts and noticed that Richard Webb was Banned. What happened?

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
HH,

Doesn't matter if you do it either way since the camera is still.  THis is used when you are trying to center an object and focus on it primarily.
The pictures will look the same.
But I can make these changes in a chip for you but I don't think it would work any different.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Brian. Don't worry about it. Just thinking out loud and looking at options. Thanks.

Butch

Latest Posts

Top Bottom