shutter/trigger time

steel

Reaction score
I bought a Commerical digital trail camera the other day and also am in the process of building My first home brew digital camera. I already have the case a 370 camera and am looking at the boards to chose from and had a ?? First on the commerical unit I bought it is a wake/sleep style and trigger time is running 3-4 seconds from PIR trigger to picture taking. Batt life is unreal it should last months when I test the batts it is takeing basicly no power to run it. This will be fine on my feed site but on a trail set I would like a faster trigger to keep from missing pictures of the game walking by. My ?? is there a board that could give me faster trigger time with the sleep/wake mode and will it take alot of batt life away if I use a refresh mode to shorten trigger pic time.

Otto

Reaction score
There are several avenues to take. Haymaker's board and new chip for on/off should get you somewhere in the 2-2.5 second range. Most controller boards have a chip for this application now. Put a wide angle fresnel on it, don't set it right on the trail.....and pee on the trail in front of it. You'll get them.

If you want really fast with long range power, the old owl 35 with a seven minute refresh is the fastest I own. Pic shutters in less than a sec.

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
380 on 2.5 Minute refresh will shutter just over 1 second. batteries will last approx 7-9 days with this VERY fast refresh, But the cam will shutter fast Pics. I set all my 370/380 setups for this mode. Nothing ever gets by it. ITS fast

Latest Posts

Top Bottom