Sierra Club Attacks Trail Access

Marty

Reaction score
excerpt from SuperGo Bike News:

California Trail Advocacy News
Warning! Your area is next! Article in Sun,August 11th Orange County Register, by Jim Radcliffe: Sierra Club is now pushing for Wilderness Designation on popular mountain bike trails in Southern California, making them illegal to bikes. Trails like San Juan, Los Pinos, West Horse Thief, Holy Jim, and others. You know the problem...one unruly MTB'er creates a bad impression for legions of law-abiding, environmentally conscious fellow riders. Unfortunately, the Sierra Club is one of the biggest, best financed, and politically powerful advocacy groups in USA. Mountain biking has nothing more than your pleas by letter, email, and phone calls to your elected representatives. It's now or never...please contact Senators Boxer and Feinstein and your Congressman to let them know you vote, you ride, and you're upset. For more information, and instructions on what you can do to help prevent these closures, please go to: http://www.warriorssociety.org/sierra_club..._wilderness.htm

Eric Mayer

Reaction score
I have to smile at the irony of that.  I'm always hearing from mountain bike riders that I shouldn't be on "their" road or hunting in "their" areas.

If it's closed to me, it should be closed to them.  Particularly, when they were so vocal in supporting the Clinton Road Closure Initiative.

Eric

paulc

Reaction score
how interesting it would be for mountain bikers to become our allies..  granola eaters are welcome if they start to take your rights away also.  

Top Bottom