Sitka Gear

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
Just saw a pic in the new Huntin Fool mag of Garth Carter wearing Sitka Gear in Max-1 HD Open Terrain. I've only seen an online catalog of the new '08 line in Sitka Gear and it didn't say anything about this pattern being in the '08 line up. I guess we can expect prices to go up with Sitka now having to pay for big names like Polartec and Bill Jordans Advantage. What's the story with the new pattern and availabilty SDHNTR?

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that too and if you look closely there are a few of those types of photos out there. There was a very limited run in Max 1 and it was only for the big name dudes, not for us regular low lifes. Mountain Mimicry is still the main pattern.

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
Your right Nate...thought I had seen a few pics floatin around with the Max-1 pattern but thought I was see'n things. Sure wish they would give us the option of another pattern...not that I don't like the Mtn. Mimicry cause I really do like it. Of course if they did offer the Max-1 I'd just go and spend a bunch more $$! Not sure what the very limited run in the Max-1 was ment to accomplish. Probably cost a lot of money.

el_vaquero I'm sure you are absolutely correct sir.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
They probably ran it for the guys that aren't allowed to wear other camo brands, that whole sponsorship thing.

Kinda like Mathews used to do solid black bows for the guys that had other camo deals besides Realtree, so they didn't violate their contracts.

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
its sure make me rethink buying some of that stuff if it was offered in Max-1. thats my favorite camo pattern right now.

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
Yeah OA I really like the Max-1 Open Terrain a lot too. I look at it this way...there saving me money by not offering it

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Just get on Realtree's staff, then presto, you can't wear anything else, and then start working Sitka.

I almost hunted once with Waddell in Central Georgia, fell thru, but would have been a good time. I could stand to learn a few things about turkeys, besides those I hunt with at Tejon.

JNDEER

Reaction score
quick question for all of you sitka users....the 90% pants...how waterproof are they?? for example turkey season walking through knee high grass that is covered in dew...are my legs going to be soaked or are the waterproof enought to withstand that?

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
I don't own the 90% pants but I would have to say they will work for you just fine. My 90% jacket sheds light to moderate rain quite well.
SDHNTR?

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Tough call. Depends on how much water we are talking about. 90% will take some water but is really just meant for passing showers, not a full soaking rain. I'd think that if the pants had some down time to shed the moisture, they'd probably be fine, but if your are talking prolonged exposure hiking through wet grass non stop, you might want something else. Realize that, worst case, once the day warms up and the dew dries out, the pants should dry out quite quickly too. Of course by then it might be too hot to wear the 90% anyway. Unless you hunt in real cold weather, I think I'd opt for the Mountain Pants with the Downpour Pants on top. Then shed the Downpour pants as the day heats up and the dew dries.

JNDEER

Reaction score
thanks for the info guys....i have gortex pants now..and they worked very well on the opener...walked for maybe 200-300 yards of tall high grass...brothers pants were soaked, mine were dry........i don't car so much of the pants, but what happends is that the pants get wet..socks absorb water then my boots get soaked...i hate that....

i will look into the down pants and mountain pants...thanks

JNDEER

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arrowslinger @ Apr 1 2008, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Buy some water proof gaiters.[/b]
i have looked into the gaiters (sportsmans) and just cannot find a pair that fit me well and go up high enough...they would have to go up to atleast my knees....i have a larger foot size but not a huge diameter of leg..so the just don't seem to fit too well..

i will be at cabelas tommorow and will check them out there to see if they fit better

thanks,

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JNDEER @ Apr 2 2008, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arrowslinger @ Apr 1 2008, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Buy some water proof gaiters.[/b]
i have looked into the gaiters (sportsmans) and just cannot find a pair that fit me well and go up high enough...they would have to go up to atleast my knees....i have a larger foot size but not a huge diameter of leg..so the just don't seem to fit too well..

i will be at cabelas tommorow and will check them out there to see if they fit better

thanks,
[/b][/quote]

Check out their Ultimate Gators...that's what I have and they go up to my knees.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom