Slave Flash

JimWelby

Reaction score
I'm new to this site but have enjoyed using a CamTrakker for about 4 years. Photography has always been my #1 hobby and my chief complaint with the CamTrakker is flash range seldom matches the range  of the motion sensor.  Many of my game camera photos are poorly illuminated and lack detail and color saturation.
Has anyone ever tried to place a slave flash in a remote location to enhance down range lighting?  Most point and shoot camera flashes lack sufficient range for those 20-30 foot shots.  I'm experimenting with a few simple slave flash units which required no special wiring and will easily fit inside inexpensive waterproof enclosures. I would enjoy hearing about anyone's efforts with slave flash units.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hi Jim, welcome to the site,

You any relation to the Welby we already have here?

You need to do some research on the site, read the old posts, be surprised on what you might learn, including all the info already discussed about Slave Flashes   :eat-burger:

See Ya!

Tinhorn

Bald Eagle

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Jim and welcome aboard.  

Like Tinhorn said we have cussed and discussed slave flash units several times before.  You may want to check earlier post topics.

Since photography is your hobby you will certainly enjoy this forum.  There are some very inovative folks here who don't mind sharing their ideas.  I'm sure you will have some good input here also.

We don't worry about our typing skills and our gramer is not always the best but it's fun.

Dbworld

Reaction score
I recently bought some slaves units and a decent strobe.  The strobe just sucks the batteries too fast.  I thought I could wire it up to my heavy duty 6 volt rechargable battery, but can't seem to get it to work. Of course I haven't tried real hard yet either.

kmitch

Reaction score
I bought one of the wireless slave flash from ebay. It seems to work OK but it kills a AA battery in about 8 hours. It has a indicator light that is on contiously when it is ready. I'm going to do see if I can disable the light and drop the current demand.

I'm also going to do some testing to see how much improvement I can get in range with a supplemental flash.

The bottom line is unless you get cameras for a lot less than $20 it makes more sense to just buy the OWL PF Date or be satisfied with less range at night.

Keith

Top Bottom