Slave Flash

pachanga

Reaction score
I'm going to build a slave flash (Or at least try) and wanted to know were can I get one of Jon's flash boards for it

thehunter

Reaction score
Jon, is out of pocket for a while. His family just increased by two (Twins) You might get someone to sell a board but they are alittle hard to find.

pachanga

Reaction score
Thanks thehunter

Anybody have a board that they want to sell

D Letho

Reaction score
I think you are going to have to wait in line for one of Jons boards !

I know WTS has completed units seperate from you cam case for sale . Kind of like what Dan and others were doing with a slave unit not attached to there cams . Clean unit in a camo dipped case for 130 I thik it was .

Don

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
Don,

Was that a complete Unit ready to go for 130.00 or is it lack anything, if so thats really not a bad price if you think about it, Im wondering what kind of slave it is and power consumption, anyone with experience in these?

Just looked at it on the site... looks like an led array... I emailed them to find out about battery consumption as well as range

Dan

D Letho

Reaction score
Dan ,

Its not a LED setup , I think you looked at the wrong item .

I talk to him often and he did send me all the stats on it but , I'll have to go over my e-mail to see if I still have them . He sent inside pics and all . Real great people to deal with . I talk to him about once aday since he lives close by .

Don

Attachments

D Letho

Reaction score
More pics .

Waterproof camoflauge plastic case open door single latch assembly

Battery tray (4 AA rechargable batteries)

Can manually change the slave to be used on either 35mm or a digital camera

( Complete unit in full camo )

Built in day/night sensor for no false daytime activity

Built in lower photo diodes (detects camera flash and fires this slave flash instantaniously)

Will detect a flash from 100 feet away, Best when mounted to the left or right of the camera about 10-15' , mounting it in front of the camera will wash out the pictures., and being an individual unit will never wash out your clos up pictures anymore, this will fill in all background aspects in the entire area.

Battery life is approximately 2-6 months, depending on actual evening activity, there is no means of shutting the unit off other then removing the batteries, you see that is the best part about this design: you don't need to shut the unit down because the unit is designed with jon's power slave board which conserves battery life. (Smart man- God Bless Him & His Family) !!

Unit comes with a professional complete camoflauge case, and is ready for use, starpping to a tree, or branch, you can use any twine or small rope wrapped around it and to a tree for securing it, Optional solar panel available. -- Never change or recharge the batteries again !!

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
He did a really nice job on it... Hows he getting Jons baords is what I want to know...

I thought about aa's when I made mine the 4 d cells made it really a tight fit, I figured the aa's would not give that long a life... I may have to try that on the next one

Thanks Don...

D Letho

Reaction score
He bought a boat load from what I understand from Jon while he still had them .

This guy is up on this game cam thing he has a few high MP cams out now in the woods and I have not herd of anyone even having a hack for these cams .

We are going to try and meet up in the next few weeks to meet each other on person . I want to pick his brain a little lol . I just have to wait for it to slow down a bit here first .

Don

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
Don,

If all this work is as nice as the job he did on the slave unit... He does some great work.. I know wgat kind of time it takes to build these things and in the camo case as he is offering etc. its not that bad. hes making a good buck, But I sure would'nt do it for any less...

Its nice he lives close to you, looks like a great person to have close by...

come to think of it,, Jersey is not all that far..

btw.. you have $$$

Dan

djc

Reaction score
I can not get the slave flash to show up on their website. I can see a picture of iton their home page, but I can not see a link. Does anyone have the link?

Thanks

scoobysteve

Reaction score
Tell me how the heck he gets his lens hole so perfect????? Mine look like........
Any suggestions from anyone?

galiuro mountain man

Reaction score
To make the hole perfect, use a dremel tool. I just started using one and it works good. use a large wheel for the long sides, then a small one for the short sides. The wheels are almost an exact fit if you just cut straight down. Just make sure your box is secured to a bench so it wont walk when you cut it.

GMM

coues7

Reaction score
where can you buy those? Please Please Please give us the link

I'm stupid enough to buy one of those at that price.

what does wts stand for????

Latest Posts

Top Bottom