Sleeping accommodations for a dog in the snow ?????

norcal-noodler

Reaction score
OK - kinda weird question but what do you guys do for your dog packing in where there is snow or just damn low temps ?

I have done some car camping in the teens and my dog finally climbed into my big ass canvas cabelas bag that weights about 20lbs - I didn't complain as he warmed me up too !
My dog is a family dog, usually sleeping indoors although he spends many nights hanging out on the lounge out back waiting for any animal to creep into the yard !

He's not going to fit in my mummy bag so what do you guys do ?
I was contemplating taking a cheap kids sleeping bag and cutting it down to about half size, I know he hardly needs anything but my GSP does't have the coat for such extremes !

Thanks

View attachment 82762

Last edited:

FreeRange

Reaction score
Assuming you're talking about your upcoming trip to the S Warner Wilderness in x3B, for that trip your dog will be fine curled up next to your bag and if you have an extra coat, throw it on top of him. I have a 2.5 year old GSP who's as skinny as can be (most of them are) and he is a house dog all year. But these dogs are tough. Look at that picture you posted, my dog's not fixed, can you imagine sitting in the snow like that yourself with your jewels in the snow? Their tolerance is way above ours. He slept in my bag once when he was a small pup and it was pretty cold. We've since camped in below freezing plenty of times and it's remarkable how warm he'll stay all night.

It's funny, I have the same exact vest for my dog and they look pretty similar. He'll break ice to go retrieve a bird. All they care about is being out hunting, good on you for taking him with you.View attachment 82763

Big JJ

Reaction score
I went to the goodwill store and bought a small kids jacket for $4.99.
I cut the sleeves off at his elbows and zip it up down his back.
It works great and he acts like I just spent a $100.00 on him.
He is a greatful little guy.
Make sure your get a small jacket to fit your dog.

Big JJ

Reaction score
Ok I don't no what button I hit but I accidentally added this pic above from another thread.

Top Bottom