sleeping cam?

quackmaster

Reaction score
Ok, small cam problem
1. This camera has been through many roles of film and has always worked fine. I walked in front of it in the woods after it had been out for a week, no flash, assumed all film was used. Opened it up and no pictures were taken. I know a camera can go to sleep, or shut down, what is the sleep time frame? Never had it happen before though. Is this what happened?
Works fine now though.

(Edited by quackmaster at 9:01 am on Dec. 31, 2001)

quackmaster

Reaction score
RS sensor.  I'm in Arkansas and we are just now below freezing. At the time this happened, it was probably never even below 40 at night. I don't know what happened. There were deer tracks on the trail, so I know something walked by at one time or another. I've got it back out, after I looked it over again at home, everything seemed to work. Put new film in, it advanced properly. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow morning. The deer around here are grouping up a little. The cam is on a heavily used trail. If I don't get any pictures I'm really gonn be miffed!

Stever

Reaction score
Frost maybe, cold weather maybe.
Checked my cam yesterday, only 2 new pics. I always set off the camera for a pict while I am there just to make sure. Also records time I walked away.
I noticed in the cold yesterday 22 F that the rs pir was slow to set off the camera. Normal 2 second delay seemed to take 5-8 sec. Huh???Is this the batteries or the relay maybe is slower. No frost then but it was cold.

gizz

Reaction score
I think itt's been mentioned before but when it's cold out your cam will take a little longer to refresh the flash and snap a pic. Alot depends on the strength of your cam AA batt's. Maybe your relay is not being held closed long enough for the camera to refresh the flash and snap a pic. I've ran into this before with the MS20 so I changed one of the resistors(can't remember which one at the moment) to hold the relay closed a little longer.
I've also been changing my batt's n my OWL's more often now that temps at night are into the teens.

Possum

Reaction score
Sometimes if my connection between the OWL and the PIR is moved in a certain way the camera "locks" up and I have to turn it off and then on again.  I've had this happen a couple of times.  The first I got no pics and the second I caught before I left by walking in front of it and wasting a pic.  Thanks Tinhorn for convincing me to burn a test photo before I leave every time.

Zeke

Reaction score
Maybe thats why I'm getting no pics. I think maybe I'll add a timer/refresh pulse and go with the adapter to use D batteries with the Owl. Would this be a good combo using the RS sensor?  Z

Top Bottom