Sleeping the night before

Jay

Reaction score
Anybody have any tips on how to ensure some solid sleep on Friday night?

So far I'm thinking:
1. A warm cup of milk.
2. A long soak in the hot tub.
3. A roll in the hay.

Ponscm

Reaction score
A few Jack Daniel's and a large chunk of beef in my gut, and the bed of my truck could never feel more comfy!

Jay

Reaction score
But how will your head feel when you pull that trigger in the morning?

MQ

Reaction score
Moderation is the key. A couple belts is one thing. Getting hammered ain't good. I prefer a couple of cold Sierra Nevada Pale Ales myself.

TealMan

Reaction score
If you are sleeping at home, I have to agree with Jay on the "a roll in the hay".  If it's in a truck or trailer, then a glass or two of red wine always does the trick.

Quacker Wacker

Reaction score
Well Jay, since we'll be at the camper down at the lodge.  The tub won't work because we don't have one and the shower in a cabover isn't all that comforting.  The warm milk has never done more for me than make me have to get up and take a leak just after I fall asleep.  As far as the roll in the hay, I don't think my hunting partners would appreciate my advances too much.  Heck, even if I could get to sleep, the trailer full of snoring, gas emitting buddies I have wouldn't let me sleep for long.  The funny thing is that this is the kind of stuff that I wait all summer for.  My boy just started hunting and I give him a hard time for being such a good sleeper the night before, I never could at his age.  Then again this is his first year with a gun, so I bet he'll be seeing the same things every time he closes his eyes - green heads and pintails.

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
I take a double 7&7 and wash down 2 Excedrin PM's.
I've only slept through a couple openers. :sleep:

songdog

Reaction score
You guys actually sleep before the opener?  For the past 15 years it's been the all night Monopoly marathon in the trailer because none of the guys can sleep.

Normally, each gun get's cleaned 2-3 times, shells loaded into vests, counted, recounted, calls untangled, etc.  Between that and your occasional turn at Monopoly we're never actually managed to get to sleep the night before...

It's like a kid on Christmas Eve... but you don't outgrow it.

steve

Reaction score
I will hope for a few hours at best.Even if I could go to sleep all the other guys would probably keep waking me up.
Hey Quacker Wacker,now that your son is shooting this year he probably wont sleep either.My son last year on his 1st hunt was bouncing around the cab like a ping pong ball.
Then agian maybe by Dec. I'll be able to sleep well before a hunt.(I doubt it )

Jay

Reaction score
Well I stayed up late and I got up early.

I'm already sleepy. Yawn!

See you guys in the morning.

Top Bottom