Slugs or Shot

472x1A/B

Has or does any one cast their own slugs or shot for their own use? I play around some with the Lee 1oz and 7/8oz molds. Don't really get too serious with either but they sure are cheap to shoot. Give it a try sometime you'll like it.

myfriendis410

I've dripped a ton of shot (literally). It works, it's cheap if you have a ready source of lead, but it's time-consuming and the result is not what I'd use for competition. It works great for practice and I load it to hunt birds with. I've shot 100 straight with it so it can't be too bad.

richracer1

Way back when, I cast my own 1oz slugs with a Lee mould (I think it was Lee). This was the only ammo my Mossberg 500 slug barrel would shoot and not represent a pattern instead of a group. Oh, unlike shot, the slugs had to be 100% lead.

myfriendis410

Way back when, I cast my own 1oz slugs with a Lee mould (I think it was Lee). This was the only ammo my Mossberg 500 slug barrel would shoot and not represent a pattern instead of a group. Oh, unlike shot, the slugs had to be 100% lead.
I remember that. You are right: it was a Lee mold.

472x1A/B

A few days ago was able to procure 90lbs of 99% ?pure? lead for $.25 a lb.. This was a steal but I'm not tellin. SO I have been casting up some Lee Key Drive 1& 7/8oz slugs to do some plinkin with this summer. I like to use HS-6 and Herco for powder power. Federal Gold Medal cases and Federal primers.

Top Bottom