Small, cheap magnifying glass??

shufigo

Reaction score
I'm planning to put an "exposure counter window" on the top of my Pelican over the Owl counter.  Has anyone found an inexpensive source of small magnifying lenses?

jayber

Reaction score
Do a search on the word 'magnifying'.  I did and came up with JoelM & Archilochus mentioning something about them in the post.  Arch gave a the website:  www.heyco.com as a source.  You could e-mail them or start there.  Good luck!

MBullism

Reaction score
I seem to recall someone said they buy the cheap "emergency" sewing kits that contain small magnifying glasses.  I don't use them, but it sounds like they can be had cheap!

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
All Electronics has several 73mm plastic lens for $1 each from 3.5x to -4.25x might be  a little large but should work you could cut them down if needed.  3x is part# lns-16
If your ordering from them anyway??

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
I use a eyeglass repair kit. They have a little magnifying glass in them.Seems to work well. LOL

JoelM

Reaction score
Hey guys my source for the magnifying glass was my kids toy box. He had a couple he had gotten with some toy or science kit. It's  the cheapest and is convenient. You can try this link out too.

http://www.lifestylestore.com/ls_magnifier_other.html

seeya

(Edited by JoelM at 9:03 am on May 8, 2002)

(Edited by JoelM at 9:03 am on May 8, 2002)

Tinhorn

Reaction score
JoelM,

so all we got to do is beat up some little kid and take his toy box huh? he he,  I tried to beat up one of my grand kids last year and take his wide, plastic, wheels off a toy ATV to make a game cart.  I thought the wide wheels would "float" on the ground and make it easier to pull out deer.  But he was tougher than I thought and beat me out of $5 (or $10) for them........  Then  tried to buy one of his new shoes off him for a quarter.  I told him I only wanted one but he said "No Deal"  --those 7 year old kids are just too smart!

As long as we are looking:

I'd like to find a cheap, miniature Compass, like those we used to find in Cracker Jacks Boxes or ?, about the size of a Tums or Rolaids Antacid Tablet so I can keep them in my cams to know where North is.  The Hot Summer Sun will soon be here, causing problems again.

Last year I bought a few, small 3/4" <Globe> style from Walley World but the liguid evaporated and ruined it real fast in the summer heat.

Anybody noticed these for sale somewhere?

Tinhorn

deerone

Reaction score
HEY YOU GUYS YOU CAN BUY A MAGNAFING LENSE FROM THE AMERICAN SCIENCE AND SURPLUS CATALOG. YOU CAN ALSON BUY SOME SMALL COMPASS CHEAP NICE ONES. THE MAG GLASS YOU CAN BUY THE JEWLRY STORE LOUPE THINGS FOR 2.00 FOR A SET OF 2 5X AND 10X I BELIEVE. SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING MAYBE IT'LL MAKE SENSE.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom