Smallest Box

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
In the past, I have not worried alot about general size but now, for some reason, want to try some with an Owl, Brian's timer, RS or MS20, in the smallest waterproof enclosure I can use. What is the smallest "stock" enclosure that you have used sucessfully with the listed components? Probibly an interesting topic anyway.

Butch

jayber

Reaction score
The smallest I found to fit an Owl PF Date, MS20 with housing, my etched board, and 4C battery pack all inside is the medium GSI Lexan box (7.78" x 6.5" x 3.6").  While Brian's board is half as big, the MS20 board could be removed from it's housing, but then I think the camera would still be too wide.  I only use ~.25" thick foam on each side of the camera as it is.

(Edited by jayber at 10:17 am on April 18, 2002)

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I am building one right now that will house a OWL PF, amazon PIR, etched board, and 9v. Should be one of the smaller OWL PF setup's out there. I am using a plastic  molded compaq case in found in a trash pile at my last job. I think it's about 2" thick, 6" long, and about 4" high. When I get it done, I'll post the pics.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Nestle Cam:        6" wide 6-1/4" high and 2-3/4" thick

FLBowhunter

Reaction score
Radio Shack project enclosure (#270-1806) 6X4X2, with an owl and RS PIR.  It is a tight fit but works great.  Small is nice because it just doesn't stand out so much.
-Scott-

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
I've been wanting to see if I could post pictures since switching to another hosting site (again) so Ill try these. This is a 5x8 metal first aid kit, using joeD's timer, versa pak battery and X10 sensor, couldnt have done it if the sensor had to go inside.

davered1

Reaction score
EAGLE EYE,

I think you've outdone yourself on the Camo job!!

Looks great,I am going to try one of them X-10's if you keep posting things like this

:smiley-thumbs-up:

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
Thanks guys, The camo job is really simple, you paint your housing flat black and let dry. Then take a piece of foam ( 2x4in.) , I used the real dense spongy kind, I think it is urethane, and using my Dremel tool cut a tree bark pattern into it.
I then spray flat gray paint on the foam and press onto the box, I guess this is what you call sponge painting. After this dries I blob on a little moss green on top of this and I'm done. Leaves a slightly textured finish.

homer

Reaction score
Hey Guys ,I built a camera using the RS encloser 6x4x2 with an owl and an RS sensor, no timer.It a tight fit, don't think you could get a timer in there. Just no room. I'm hoping to start working on a camera with a housing thats about 4"x3"x2". I will be using a elph LT and a RS sensor. Just picked up the camera, its nice and small. I'll let you all know how its coming along.

(Edited by homer at 12:06 pm on April 20, 2002)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom