snappy QT

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I picked up a couple snappy QT's at Kmart for 40% off. I have one wired up and was wondering if it needs a refresh circuit or not. I guess I'm wondering how long the flash takes to fire off after sitting around for a day or two. Also what pin is the for the shutter and what pin would be for the refresh? It is just a little bit thinner than the PF's are, making it fit better in a thin box.

davered1

Reaction score
coyotebandit,

Can't remember which pin is shutter and refresh without ripping one open.When you mod it run a wire from each of the 3 pins and short pin1 and pin3 and pin1 and pin2.

The one that makes the flash light come on is the refresh(flash) the other is the shutter.

I THINK :smiley-thumbs-up:

(Edited by davered1 at 6:08 pm on May 4, 2002)

slipperyd12

Reaction score
This camera worked fine before I started. I took it apart and wired it in as instructed. The wiring went great, no problem. Ground on first pin then 2&3 joined and other wire put in with them. Once finished touching both wires camera clicks but shutter or flash
don't work, left the button in and mashing the button same thing happens camera clicks but
nothing happens no shutter or flash. Took wires off and put camera back together still
won't work, click but no shutter or flash. Looks like somehow I trashed this one. anyone had similar problems. Thanks for the help so far!

bat

Reaction score
Hey slippervd12, welcome to the forum, Don't trash that camera yet.  There are a lot of guys on here that can probably save it for you, hang in there till they read your problem.  I haven't worked on one of the QT's but there are several guys that have used them.  If it can be fixed they will help you got it going.  While you are waiting on them make sure you have the batteries in correctly and connected good.  Don't laugh I've seen it happen!  bat

tomtruck

Reaction score
take a good look at the pins that you soldered, make sure that where you bridged the two pins together, you didnt get some solder on another pin close to them, or run together.

davered1

Reaction score
sounds to me like you have the wrong pins, if the camera is clicking it is trying to work. Make sure the camers is facing the right direction when you are counting pins.Remove all your solder, check down front of camera for solder spillage.Resolder camera again, just like in the photo posted a couple of days ago. see if it works

INshedpicker

Reaction score
The clicking sound could be the autofocus working???  Hope that helps you diagnose the problem.

slipperyd12

Reaction score
Thanks for the help when you mentioned batteries that got me to thiinking. These batteries turned out to be bad. New, but pretty much dead. All that work, boy will I check that next time. Once again THANKS for the help.

Top Bottom