Snow

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Well we finally have some snow,just a light snow but enough to track the deer,first thing in the morning im going to try to cut some fresh sign and get a deer with my bow,also i will be learning where they are at and traveling so i can place my Cams.
 I have waited all season for this,and hopefully there is a big fat doe out there for me.

Fubar

Reaction score
Passthru  Good Luck                Fubar

StringShooter

Reaction score
Snow...what is that? We managed to miss out on the little bit of snow yesterday (1/5). What a dry winter this year. I usually wait for a nice snow to see how the deer are moving but may have to wait till February this year.

Rams play at 3:05 today...I'll be there and wish us luck cause we need home field advantage through the playoffs. I would hate to see some of our recievers playing at Soldier field or Lambeau in late Januray!

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Update!!
 Walked for 3 miles,not a sign of any deer anywhere,came upon a 5acre food plot of winter wheat,Tracks everywhere,150 yrds away another 5acre plot of winter wheat,full of tracks,looked to be all does and fawns,searched around a tad in the woods between the plots and found a set of tracks very different from the rest,toes splayed out real wide,dew claws on the ground,indicated to me big heavy deer,further search turned up a trail it fallows with 3 fresh scrapes hmmmmm and deer droppings everywhere even better yet deer droppings in large clumps,some where made within an hour or 2 of me finding them.
 I have set up my cam on the trail between scrapes,came home to eat,load my treestand and other equipment onto my newly built deer cart and headed out for the rest of the evening,this is the best sign i have found yet and time is running out for season ends on the 15th,im in the "if its a deer its dead mode"no matter how big,buck or doe.
 Will let you know something good or bad.

Chairman

Reaction score
Good Luck, Passthru!  I was out this weekend, but I didn't see any deer - only a fox.  I loved sitting in the woods while it was snowing, though.  I needed that...  I'll be going back out this week, sometime.  I've heard it's going to be a little warmer, though...

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I sit through the snow,sometimes it snowed pretty hard,i loved it.Didnt see any deer though,but im hopefull about this weekend,also my cam is on the trail i found all week long,if the Battery holds up maybe ill get a pick of the buck that is still feeling his oats this late in the ball game.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom