Snows?

Applbit

Reaction score
Im up here in northern south dakota and havent had any snows/blues in my area yet and i cant wait much longer with this nice weather.

Where are they at?

d trees

Reaction score
Talked to a friend who was getting them in eastern  CO  for about a week and said he thinks they have moved back south again,d

huntducks

Reaction score
I'm leaving this Wed, for MO. but talked with my brother in OK. he said he saw about 2000 moving north 7 days ago, then last Sat. saw 10,000 heading south, you might be 2 weeks away from any birds.

foulshot

Reaction score
They had a blizzard run through Cen. Colorado last week and that might put a damper on things.  I did get a call from my uncle in CO. and he said he is seeing lots of Canadians!

Darren

Reaction score
Hey well it might be a little bit different over there than here but usually the snows are south until sometime in april before they move northward specially since there is a cold storm north but anyway I remember turkey hunting in a blue bird day and seeing hundreds of thousands heading north in april but like I said its here in California so........

ranchwife

Reaction score
It's pretty safe to say that the snow geese are in Northern California right now.  Our neighbor had a couple hundred in his field the other day - it took me a while to figure out what was in the field, then I got closer and realized what they were.  Just Saturday I was traveling throught the Tule Lake area and noticed a lot of birds swarming ahead int he distance.  It was storming and was hard to judge the distance and so I thought that it was blackbirds.  Well when I got closer, it was snow geese by the thousands.  One field looked like it had just been covered with snow - but it was solid snow geese.  The air was so thick with them that they were having problems flying.  But, the snow geese are in northeastern California for now.

Triggerfinger

Reaction score
Just heard from KID CREOLE and Whitey1 - they're somewhere in Missouri and have killed approximately 60 snows and blues in the last three days.  They're going to hit them again in the morning and then start the 1500 mile drive home.

Sounds like fun!

mrdux

Reaction score
We've hunted the Missouri bootheel twice in the last couple of weeks.Killed 45 the first trip,41 the last.We only shoot decoying birds over 800-900 rags,shell,and socks.We try to keep ALL shots to 40 yards or less.Last Thursday we DECOYED a group of over 2000,YES 2000!They got up from a field about a mile east of us and piled in.It was the most awsome site I've had in 35 years of chasing waterfowl.We hunt private ground so we keep our group small,5-7.We saw a lot less geese last week,seems there 70 degree temps have pushed most out to the north.

huntducks

Reaction score
I left Kid & Whitey on Monday, the shooting has been less then great up to then, we were in the southern part of the state, and the geese 1/2mil were 250 miles north, the warden said we were at the tail end of the migration, last year when I was there same place same time,I was there at peak.

I'm down in Oklahoma and I got a pig yesterday on my brothers place much better eating then snows.

Triggerfinger

Reaction score
Greg:

When you left, Kid and Whitey charged north.  How about you bring that pig home and we'll grind it up with the snows and make some sausage?

Later.

huntducks

Reaction score
Triggerfinger

Some will be coming home, i'm going out again Sunday and Monday trying to get at least one more.

The crows have been getting hit hard today & I hope tomorrow will be another good day on them, my brother and I got 33 today, with some 80yd 10ga shots and 2oz of lead BB's sure puts holes in them.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom