So. Cal desert Jackrabbits - are you seeing them in numbers yet?

GJJ

Reaction score
I was curious if any of you guys who desert hunt in Southern California are seeing many jackrabbits out yet? Last year was pretty dismal. However, I was hoping with the rain that this year would be better.

Viking

Reaction score
I spent two days in the Barstow area about two weeks ago and I didn't see a single damn one. This was the first time I've come up completely empty handed. I sure hope things improve.

BIGCIM

Reaction score
I seen two jacks running together right before the Nevada border but thats it. Not very good for driving dirt roads all day

jtatarin

Reaction score
I was out looking for them about a month ago just before Barstow. I only saw 2 jacks the entire day. It can be hit or miss, everything revolves around how much food there is. If we get a lot of rain this year we'll see jack numbers rise, as well as coyote numbers as everything works from the bottom of the food chain up.

crazyhorse

Reaction score
I hunt two areas in East San Diego County...one is loaded with yotes..lot's of yote sign and racoons....but no rabbits of any kind...just ground squirels...another used to be good for Jacks...but hardly see any now...and I go out twice weekly....

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom