So Cal Habitat Project

cjack

Went out Saturday morning along with a small group of volunteers from the Quail and Upland Wildlife Federation to work on bringing a guzzler back into working order. A couple more visits to this site and we will have 600 gallons of fresh water available for upland birds in this area of the Angeles National Forest. Thanks to the volunteers that help out our bird populations!
20190713_125117.jpg20190716_061744.jpg

sean english

I have a lot of respect for you guys. I went out a couple of times with water for wildlife when i was down south. Now in Sacramento and everyone here is a "Valley Hunter". Dove, duck, etc. No one is willing to head to the High Desert with me. Love it there.

cjack

I have a lot of respect for you guys. I went out a couple of times with water for wildlife when i was down south. Now in Sacramento and everyone here is a "Valley Hunter". Dove, duck, etc. No one is willing to head to the High Desert with me. Love it there.
I know that you love the chukar and quail hunting, surprised that there aren't more upland guys in your area willing to travel for this awesome experience. Hope you find the time to travel to Nevada or the California high desert this season because the numbers are looking pretty good as far as I can tell.

Stevehazard

I need to come out with you guys on some guzzler service sometime. Those two guzzlers I told you about that were In bad condition I see got fixed up nicely. They were under SGVQF and you said you passed the info off to them. Also I found a third guzzler in that same area but it is an apron only??? Don't know if the tank burned up and got filled with dirt or what but the old concrete apron is there and no sign of a tank. I've got a huge list of broken guzzlers if you guys, SGVQF, VQF, or DDFW, want the info. I keep missing when the help parties are because it seems everybody uses Facebook as their main point of contact, which I don't have or look at much.

sean english

I know that you love the chukar and quail hunting, surprised that there aren't more upland guys in your area willing to travel for this awesome experience. Hope you find the time to travel to Nevada or the California high desert this season because the numbers are looking pretty good as far as I can tell.
They are upland guys. Dove pen raised Chukar and pheasant. Fortunately there’s ample birds on the border with Nevada and not much competition.
Hope you have a safe and fun season.

Top Bottom